DCM4CHE 3.2.0

Simon Burrows

Jul 26, 2013, 5:37:36 AM7/26/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd like to use dcm4che 3.2.0 to support reading and writing of Part 19 "Native Dicom Model" XML and I wonder if anyone can help me understand a couple of things about the XML handling:
  • I can't see any reference to "DataFragment" or "BulkDataLocator" elements in Part 19. Where do these concepts come from?
  • Part 19 does define "BulkData" elements, but these use a UUID to identify the bulk data, rather than a URI. Why the difference?

Many thanks!

Simon

Gunter Zeilinger

Aug 1, 2013, 8:37:15 AM8/1/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,

DICOM Supp 161: WADO by means of RESTful Services (
ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/final/sup161_ft.pdf ) added an
uri attribute to element BulkData - alternatively to attribute uuid -
to identify the bulk data, so I could replace the proprietary
"BulkDataLocator" by a Part 19 compliant "BulkData" element (
http://www.dcm4che.org/jira/browse/LIB-90 ). "DataFragment" is used
to include/reference compressed Pixel Data encoded in Data Fragments
in the XML, which is currently not specified in Part 19 Native Dicom
Model.

gunter

Simon Burrows

Aug 29, 2013, 10:14:00 AM8/29/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for getting back to me Gunter.

Being able to refer to the data using UUIDs or URIs would be excellent as that allows for standards compliance. I suppose URI would be preferable because that would allow one to use whatever scheme was appropriate (UUID seems less flexible). From my point of view, the XML fragments approach would be a nice extra, but definitely an extra.

Many thanks and keep up the good work!

Simon

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "dcm4che" group.