extending server capacity - adding a filesystem

Petr Kalina

Nov 25, 2014, 10:53:09 AM11/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Dear chee users,

I again come here for help, but in the first place I have to acknowledge the chee team and the amazing job their doing!!

I'm trying to do the following:

1) I wand to extend the server's capacity
2) to do that I want to add a new disk to my server and mount it somewhere
3) and make the chee system store the newly arrived data to this disk while still kepping the data on the old disk fully accessible

Is this possible and could you advice me how? thanks a lot,
peter

~~~~

P.S.: I have some guesses for anyone to chew on:

1) It's possible to setup multiple filesystems (within chee). This might be achieved by duplicating/renaming/modifying the relevan xmbean xml configuration file (dcm4chee-fsmgt-online-service.xml). for the new one set the DefaultStorageDirectory attribute to point to the new location. Some advice in this direction is here: http://www.dcm4che.org/confluence/display/proj/Configure+DCM4CHEE+for+multiple+clients

2) then route all the incoming traffic to the new filesystem by updating the DefaultFileSystemGroupID od the StoreScpService to point to the new filesystem

3) The new images will then be stored to the new folder and linked to it within the DB accordingly, while the Q/R service should still query and send data from both folders

P.P.S.: Of course, once I acheive a satisfying config, I'm more than willing to share it on the wiki for others to use..

fleetwoodfc

Nov 25, 2014, 1:38:42 PM11/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Yes its straightforward - in the jmx-console select group=ONLINE_STORAGE,service=FileSystemMgt then use the addRWFileSystem() method to add your new mount point.
The system will auto switch to the new filesystem if the current one is full or you can manually switch using the updateFileSystemStatus() (set it to RW+).