AE service not automatically creating AE Titles

manbea...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2013, 10:53:07 AM1/16/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
We've been using dcm4chee with our software (EHR) for a few years now, and I've been noticing a consistent issue. It seems that occasionally dcm4chee fails to create the AE title when a client device sends a C-Move request. Then I have to go into the web console and add the title manually. Other times it fails to add any new AE titles. Seeing as some of our clients have many client devices (and we have many clients), I can't be adding all of these titles manually.

I'm not sure if this is something anyone else has experienced, and I'd be happy to provide more information/examples if needed.

Arnold Maderthaner

Jan 17, 2013, 8:52:18 AM1/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Normally you would need to add all of the AETs manually.
DCM4CHEE has an additional feature to "guess" the right storage port if it gets a c-move request. It tries to connect to the (configurable) ports 104 and 11112.
If there is a DICOM SCP listening dcm4chee will automatically add this IP with this port for the requested C-MOVE destination AET.

So to be on the safe side you always should add all of the AETs manually and those need to be unique !

yours

Arnold

manbea...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2013, 10:21:34 AM1/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I guess what I'm really asking then would be why is dcm4chee failing to add the IP for the destination AET? It works sometimes, but not others. The concern I have is also related to clients who have DHCP and do not have one unique address. I suppose I could all the AET's as IP pairs for all IP's in the range, which could be scripted, but I'd rather not.

~Aaron

Arnold Maderthaner

Jan 20, 2013, 8:50:14 AM1/20/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Maybe other clients are listening on ports that dcm4chee doesn't scan or they don't respond corretcly on dicom echo. But you shouldn't rely on that and better add the AETs manually. If you have dhcp clients than best would be to add their hostnames.

yours

Arnold