Forward received HL7 messages

nutun

Feb 26, 2020, 3:06:02 AM2/26/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

I have two dcm4chee servers i.e DCM1 (dcm4chee-arc-psql:5.21.0-secure (dockerized)) and DCM2 (dcm4chee-arc-psql:5.19.0-secure (dockerized)). I have created HL7 Receiver on both servers. Both the servers are receiving MWL HL7 files separately and displaying correct MWL information in MWL tab/list.

Now I want DCM1 server receive MWL HL7 file and forward that file to DCM2 so I can see same MWL information in DCM2 server. I have followed This Link but did not succeed. I have done the following steps:

1. Created hl7 receiver on DCM1.
2. Sent MWL hl7 file to DCM1 which is successful.

3. Created hl7 receiver on DCM2.
4. Sent MWL hl7 file to DCM2 which is successful.

5. Created HL7 Forward Rule (i.e Configuration -> Devices  -> dcm4chee-arc -> Extensions -> Edit Extension of Device Extension -> Edit Extension of Archive Extension -> in Child Objects - HL7 Forward Rule)
6. Selected HL7 Forward Application Name (selected hl7 receiver which I created)

7. Sent MWL hl7 file to DCM1.

Finally DCM1 received HL7 file and displayed correct information but this file did not forwarded from DCM1 to DCM2. Now anyone can guide me that how can I achieve my target.

nutun

Mar 4, 2020, 7:13:16 AM3/4/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

I am still waiting for response on my following question.

Vrinda Nayak

Mar 4, 2020, 7:50:18 AM3/4/20
to dcm4che
Can you share configurations of your HL7 Forward Rule and HL7 Applications of both sides ?

nutun

Mar 4, 2020, 11:05:35 PM3/4/20
to dcm4che
okay, my configurations are:

- I have created HL7 receivers on both servers i.e DCM1 and DCM2
- I have created HL7 forwarder in DCM1 just like we create HL7 receiver but changed the IP address from local (DCM1) IP address to the IP address of DCM2. Assuming that it will forward HL7 file to DCM2 as the IP address is set of DCM2.

I am attaching screenshots.
DCM1 - 03.JPG
DCM1 - 02.JPG
DCM1 - 01.JPG
DCM2.JPG

Vrinda Nayak

Mar 5, 2020, 4:20:24 AM3/5/20
to dcm4che
You have used HL7RCV as HL7 Forward Application Name in dcm4chee-arc device. This means HL7 messages received by dcm4chee-arc device shall forward the HL7 messages to device having HL7RCV as its HL7 application. You don't need here the hl7reveiver device with hl7receiver HL7 Application at all.

Also, change the HL7 Application HL7RCV in the hl7rcv device to comply with the format of Application|Facility. So for eg. HL7RCV|FACILITY1

nutun

Mar 5, 2020, 5:29:24 AM3/5/20
to dcm4che
Thank you Vrinda Nayak