Parallelize CDRecord / MediaWriter

Alexo

Oct 26, 2017, 4:33:41 AM10/26/17
to dcm4che
Hi everybody,
I'm new in this forum.
I have a question about parallelization of media creation process.

Provided that on a server are installed two (or more) physical cd/dvd recorder (e.g. D:\ E:\ or /dev/cdrw, /dev/cdrw2), does anybody know if is it possible (and how) to invoke multiple instances of cdrecord to parallelize dvd burning process on all the available devices?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bye,
Alex.

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Nov 1, 2017, 4:24:08 AM11/1/17
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
You could write a custom exe wrapper or script that basically launches the two cdrecord instances, one for each drive, using the same ISO.

Then go to the jmx-console and edit the MediaWriter service of your cdw installation, instead of calling cdrecord directly, call your custom executable, parse the received parameters that cdw is going to send you and use them to call your separate cdrecord instances.

Alexo

Nov 2, 2017, 7:28:32 AM11/2/17
to dcm4che
Hi Jon,
thanks for your answer.

Actually I have already modified the MediaWriter service to invoke a custom program because I have to deal with a multi-dvd-writer device that use a proprietary protocol to receive ISO writing orders (and it has its own queue).

Sadly your solution does not fit my needs because, if I understand well, it would write the same Patient's ISO on the two dvd-recorder (so it is a duplication).

What I want obtain, instead, is that, dcm4chee burn two different ISOs simultaneously; i.e: once mkfsiso has written and queued more than one patient's ISO on the filesystem (so that they are ready and available to be burned), the queue of MediaWriter should be consumed by two CD recorder so that, for instance, burning of Patient1's ISO and Patient2's ISO is made almost at the same time (one on the first dvd-recorder and the other on the second dvd-recorder) and so on for other patients sent to the CDRECOR AeTitle in the meanwhile.

I hope that, stated in this way, problem is clearer.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can suggest a fitting solution.
Bye, Alex.

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Nov 2, 2017, 2:26:29 PM11/2/17
to dcm4che
Well, you could have a separate stand alone instance of cdw running on the same machine, either via some kind of virtualization or by simply changing the default ports and AE title of the second one and configuring it so it burns to the second drive (along with the other default ports that JBoss uses), so you end up with CDRECORD:10104 and maybe CDRECORD2:10105 running on the same machine. You could send images from one patient to one of the instances and images from a different patient to the other and they should work in parallel as basically two distinct queues.

There is no load balancing though, the user has to manually decide to which queue to send each study.

Alexo

Nov 3, 2017, 3:23:47 AM11/3/17
to dcm4che
Hi Jon, thank you again.
Sadly, because of IT policy in the site where I run my dcm4che istance, only port 104 is allowed to be reached, so I can have just one CDRECORD service.
In any case, even if I could enable multiple CDRECORD services (but, as said, that's not the case), what I want to obtain is burning balancing, avoiding that the end user should bother about to which AeTitle send the studies.
In other words, I would like to have an unique CDRECORD DICOM service (listening on port 104) and transparent balancing/parallelization of burning processes on the two dvd-recorder device.

I am not really sure but probably the only way to do this is to create another MediaWriter consuming from the CDRecord queue but I have not still spotted if it is possible and, in the case, how.

More specifically, I should find a way to define a new consumer such that, at the end of the story, I have ConsumerCount=2 (instead of 1) under the MBean with Domain Name: dcm4chee.cdw; service: Queue; name:CDRecord (see http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=inspectMBean&name=dcm4chee.cdw%3Aservice%3DQueue%2Cname%3DCDRecord for details).

Thank you again for your help.
Bye, Alex.

Faisal Naveed

May 18, 2018, 5:44:11 AM5/18/18
to dcm4che
Please help me configure the DRECORD:10104 process: i have try to installed but my DRECORD:10104 is not pinging and echo failed.

Faisal Naveed

May 18, 2018, 6:18:07 AM5/18/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I have succfully exported the image now , what to do next

Dear Sir/Madam,

Regards,

Faisal Naveed
PACS Developer/Administrator @ Dr.Ziauddin Hospital Karachi

Portfolio: (www.faisalarain.ezyro.com)

CONTACT:

CLIFTON

4/B, Shahrah-e-Ghalib, Block 6, Clifton,
Karachi, Pakistan – 75600
Ph:(9221) 35862937-9
Fax :(9221) 35862940

E-mail : z...@ziauddinhospital.com

E-mail                    :    (Official)         :      faisal...@ziauddinhospital.com

                  (Personal) :      faisal...@gmail.com

Web                                                  :      www.ziauddinhospital.com

Faisal Naveed

May 18, 2018, 7:11:42 AM5/18/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
My Export is successful: What we can do next:

E-mail                    :    (Official)         :      faisal.naveed@ziauddinhospital.com