UI internationalization contribution

Kirill K

Apr 10, 2020, 6:43:01 AM4/10/20
to dcm4che
Hi, i can't post in original thread for some reason, my messages are deleted all the time.
So i write here.
I have created file fo RU locale at github but it is not listed here https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/tree/master/dcm4chee-arc-ui2/src/assets/locale
Am i doing something wrong?

Shefki Esadi

Apr 10, 2020, 7:12:19 AM4/10/20
to dcm4che
Hi,
I had the same problem with deleting messages.
It's all good, we (core developers of the project) have to approve the pull request, I just did, now you should see your file in the project

Best Regards
Shefki Esadi

Kirill K

Apr 11, 2020, 4:47:48 AM4/11/20
to dcm4che
Hi
Is there a way to apply my translation to my current UI (5.21), so i can see the context where meassages are used? Sometimes its quite hard to choose right translation when u don't see the context.

Shefki Esadi

Apr 14, 2020, 12:37:18 PM4/14/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

not with 5.21, in 5.21 internationalization was not at all implemented, you would need the newest version for that.

Best Regards
Shefki Esadi

Shefki Esadi

Apr 22, 2020, 7:07:03 AM4/22/20
to dcm4che
Hi @Kirill,

can you send my please the current state of your ru.json so I can merge it with the current version of en.json and place it in the right project (We have moved the language files in a separate project and made some modifications), I will send than back the merged version, so that the structure of the ru.json is the same with the default en.json, than you can continue translating?

Best Regards
Shefki Esadi

Kirill K

Apr 24, 2020, 2:40:26 PM4/24/20
to dcm4che
Hi, here is the file, first 400 lines translated. Much harder than i expected tbh.

среда, 22 апреля 2020 г., 14:07:03 UTC+3 пользователь Shefki Esadi написал:
ru_locale.txt

Shefki Esadi

Apr 27, 2020, 5:06:37 AM4/27/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

thank you! I merged your changes with the newest en.json, pleas continue with this file (If you see any error, pleas report tu us).

Best Regards
Shefki Esadi

Vrinda Nayak

Apr 28, 2020, 12:38:49 PM4/28/20
to dcm4che
@Kirill : I would suggest to wait for another day or two before restarting work on translations as I'm accommodating https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/issues/2551 changes also in ru.json file. Will update this post as soon as I close that issue.

Vrinda Nayak

May 5, 2020, 4:10:59 AM5/5/20
to dcm4che
Removal of redundancies of key / value pairs from language files is now complete : https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/issues/2551

Kirill K

May 10, 2020, 6:03:05 AM5/10/20
to dcm4che
Hi
What about underscored text i.e. "FAILED_TO_EXPORT": "FAILED_TO_EXPORT" ? Is it purely technical and shoud not be translated?

Vrinda Nayak

May 11, 2020, 3:40:20 AM5/11/20
to dcm4che
Yes all the values should be translated, to avoid seeing text in English.

FAILED_TO_EXPORT you see on Studies tab -> Expiration State (filter) dropdown
Screenshot_2020-05-11 dcm4chee-arc-ui.png

Shefki Esadi

May 11, 2020, 8:01:10 AM5/11/20
to dcm4che
Hi,
I would say if you have a technical term for that in your Language you can translate that.

Best Regards
Shefki Esadi

zaka

Jun 1, 2020, 2:40:27 AM6/1/20