Delete studies from online storage

yogapr...@raster.in

Apr 21, 2018, 2:00:35 AM4/21/18
to dcm4che
In dcm4chee 2.18.1, some of the file deletion from the online storage has not been deleted automatically. but all the configuration has been set and criteria for deletion has been matches.
DeleteStudyIfNotAccessedFor - 6w
DeleteStudyOnlyIfNotAccessedFor- 2w
DeleteStudyOnlyIfStorageNotCommited - false
DeleteStudyOnlyIfExternalRetrievable - false
ScheduleStudiesForDeletionInterval - 10m

please help me on how to delete the files from online storage, if the file is already available in the nearline storage

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Apr 24, 2018, 3:12:58 AM4/24/18
to dcm4che
Take a look at these two settings:

DeleteStudyOnlyIfCopyOnMedia

DeleteStudyOnlyIfCopyArchived

Carefully read the descriptions, I believe you are missing the DeleteStudyOnlyIfCopyOnMedia one

yogapr...@raster.in

Apr 25, 2018, 8:41:55 AM4/25/18
to dcm4che
We checked these two configuratin

On Tuesday, April 24, 2018 at 12:42:58 PM UTC+5:30, Jon Ander Zuccaro wrote:
Take a look at these two settings. both configuration are set as false.

yogapr...@raster.in

Apr 25, 2018, 8:43:53 AM4/25/18
to dcm4che
both the configuration are set as false. this settings has been set as false in other server. but deletion been running in other servers.

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Apr 25, 2018, 4:28:56 PM4/25/18
to dcm4che
What about the value of ScheduleStudiesForDeletionInterval?

Also check DeleteStudyOnlyIfCopyOnFileSystemOfFileSystemGroup, if you are really sure that there is a copy on NEARLINE you could try to set that to NONE just to test it.

Try to check the contents of the study_on_fs table, check if you have entries for the ONLINE file system with access_time that matches your criteria.

yogapr...@raster.in

Apr 26, 2018, 1:41:12 AM4/26/18
to dcm4che
Ok. thanks for the update. I will check that. And I try to delete the study from the ONLINE storage using the method scheduleStudyForDeletion() function, it shows as deleting in the server log. but, none of the file are deleted from the ONLINE file system or from the database entry. after that I try to invoke another study. but returns 0 as the size scheduled for deletion. can i overcome this?

yogapr...@raster.in

Apr 26, 2018, 2:01:15 AM4/26/18
to dcm4che
I checked the study_on_fs table, the last access time matches the criteria and mark_to_delete column has been set as true. But still the study not deleted from online storage.