Multiple DCM4CHEE instances in the same JBoss Server

Ramajogi Malla

Feb 21, 2013, 11:12:33 AM2/21/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We need to have more than DCM4CHEE AEs for dcm4chee-2.17.3. So can we have more than one instance of DCM4CHEE in the same JBoss Server like JBOSS_HOME/server/instance1, server/instance2 etc, so that we can configure the DCM4CHEE to run on different ports on each instance. The use case of this requirement is to configure some modalities to  use one DCM4CHEE on instance1 and other modalities to use DCM4CHEE running on instance2.

Thanks in advance for your help.

regards,
Ramajogi

rmarino14

Feb 25, 2013, 11:26:40 AM2/25/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I use Linux for my archive but here's what i did to get multiple dcm4chee instances running on one server:

1. Add a virtual IP address for each dcm4chee instance:
a. cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
b. copy the ifcfg-eth0 to ifcfg-eth0:0 ( for each virtual ip increment  the :0 by 1 )
c. edit ifcfg-eth0:0 and change:
Change DEVICE=eth0 to DEVICE=eth0:0
remove the HWADDR line
Set the correct IP address for IPADDR
Change ONBOOT=yes to ONBOOT=parent
d. issue a service network restart

2. Deploy the dcm4chee instances ( I use /usr/local )
a. I rename the dcm4chee folder to something other then the default (example dcm4chee-2.17.1-psql-01 )

3. Create a DB for each dcm4chee instance
4. edit pacs-WHATEVER-ds.xml and change:
a. change local host to the virtual IP address

4. edit the jboss-web.deployer/server.xml and change:
a. change line <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true" TO <Connector port="8443" address="${jboss.bind.address}" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"

5. If you are starting dcm4chee as a service
a. create a service script in /etc/init.d for each instance of dcm4chee you deploy
b. edit the service script and change:
JBOSS_HOME=${JBOSS_HOME:-"/usr/local/dcm4chee-WHAT_EVER_YOU_NAMED_IT"}
$SUBIT "$JBOSS_CMD_STOP"      TO       $SUBIT "$JBOSS_HOME/bin/shutdown.sh -S -s THE_VIRTUAL_IP -u $JBOSS_ADMIN_USER -p $JBOSS_ADMIN_PASS"
I change the SUBIT because dcm4chee would not stop
c. edit bin/run.sh and change:
JBOSS_BIND_ADDR=${JBOSS_BIND_ADDR:-"0.0.0.0"}    TO    JBOSS_BIND_ADDR=${JBOSS_BIND_ADDR:-"VIRT_IP_ADDRESS"}

6. Restart dcm4chee and go to the jmx-console and add the virtual IP addresses for:
service=DcmServer
service=HL7Server

7. Restart dcm4chee and make sure there are no errors

I think that is everything I did. The reason I did it this way is so I could use all the same ports and not have to mess with any other config files of dcm4chee.

Diego Henrique

Feb 26, 2013, 6:45:21 AM2/26/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, if you want varies instances on the same IP and JBOSS you can use JBOSS port binding as seen on http://forums.dcm4che.org/jiveforums/thread.jspa?messageID=21359&#21359. But if you can use many instances of JBOSS and IP you can do as rmarino14 said.

Regards,

Ramajogi Malla

Mar 7, 2013, 5:45:41 AM3/7/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi rmarino14, Diego,
Thanks a lot for your response and sorry for my late reply as I was on vacation. Our requirement was to have 2 aet running one on each dcm4chee instance using the same database and one ARR in a separate instance. all the three running on the same JBoss server runtime as separate instances with same IP. So, we will try with JBoss port binding.
It would be great if someone has already done a configuration like this and forward the details.

Thanks & regards,
Ramajogi

Samuel Burg

Mar 22, 2013, 8:55:07 AM3/22/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

attached to this mail is a compressed directory where I store all my scripts to "automatically" install several jboss and/or several dcm4chee and/or several aet in the same physical server / same jboss instance / same dcm4chee instance.
it include arr in one off the instance.

all you need is to understand bash scripting to reed those files.

it is dedicated to Linux + Mysql, Debian and Debian like distrib.

best regards,

Samuel
Install_Scrpits_2.17.x.zip

Ramajogi Malla