programming own application with dcm4che(e)

norbi771

Nov 3, 2014, 10:52:24 AM11/3/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hello Community,
I am new here and about to start programming the JAVA EE application dealing with PACS, RIS and HIS.
My application should act as a DICOM node and communicate with other DICOM nodes.

I have no knowledge of DICOM / HL7 so please take it into account.
I am trying to investigate if:

1. Dcm4che(e) is good for being part of my feature implementation, i.e. can I build JAVA EE application which will query DICOM nodes and act as DICOM node and use dcm4che's parts / modules / libs for that task
2. Following installation procedure http://www.dcm4che.org/confluence/display/ee2/Installation i found that installation requires  JBoss 4.2.3.GA. I found it on sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/jboss/files/JBoss/JBoss-4.2.3.GA/ because link provided in the documentation doesn't work. My question is if really should I use so old JBoss server for that.
3. Could I use Glassfish 4.1 for that task instead of JBoss. Have somebody successfully run dcm4che on Glassfish?

4. What do I need to get started? I would like to achieve the following functionality in the beginning:
 a). have 2 instances of dcm4che(e) acting as DICOM nodes and exchange some information
 b). write my own node and communicate with nodes from 4a

 From what I read I understand that I should at least have
  * dcm4chee DICOM Archive 2.17.2 up and running
  * dcm4che DICOM toolkit and utilities installed (version 2 and 3)

5. Assuming that the above is achievable, can commercial closed source application be built based on the dcm4che(e) and its components / concepts?
Reading licence terms it seems it's possible, but if anybody knows any contraindication please let me know, I have to consider all the pros and cons.

I will appreciate your answers comments very much, thank you.

Ferlito Vito

Jun 21, 2017, 11:09:43 AM6/21/17
to dcm4che
hi, i'm interested on your project.

I'm a radiographer and i'm an admin of this kind of Pacs based on dcm4chee

Let me know.