What do I need for just a DICOM api and file storage?

Tim Cooke

Nov 29, 2019, 7:58:05 AM11/29/19
to dcm4che
Good day folks,

I am needing to install a very bare bones PACS system on Linux that simply exposes a DICOM interface (and ideally also a DICOMweb interface) that I can use to send and receive images through and then store the images on the filesystem. I do not require any UI component to view the images or anything like that, just the ability to marshal files to and fro through the DICOM interface.

I have been quite overwhelmed with the number of installation guides on the Wiki and with the number of different products on the download page so I'm looking for a bit of guidance on which product(s) will best suit my needs and how to install and configure them.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, Tim

Gokhan Dilek

Nov 29, 2019, 8:53:23 AM11/29/19
to dcm4che
Hi Tim,
You can use this:

If you are only looking to receive and store DICOM objects, you can use this tool:
This will store objects and store them at a specified directory on your OS.

Tim Cooke

Nov 29, 2019, 10:38:04 AM11/29/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gokhan, appreciate explore that.

Rady

Dec 1, 2019, 10:40:36 PM12/1/19
to dcm4che
Hi Tim,

Since you have mentioned about a bare bone DICOM Server, it would be good to explore Orthanc.

with regards
Rady
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to dcm...@googlegroups.com.

Tim Cooke

Dec 2, 2019, 5:35:51 AM12/2/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Rady, you are the second person to recommend Orthanc so I'm actually in the middle of playing with that right now.

I think the storescp is not quite enough for our needs.

Appreciate all the help.
Tim
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to dcm4che+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dcm4che/0aa0f388-97b3-4ab2-9606-2af6bd7580b3%40googlegroups.com.