Weasis and warnings in Oracle / IcedTea web Java

SUKRAM

Aug 13, 2014, 7:43:51 AM8/13/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

since the newest updates on Oracle Java and IcedTea Java, I always have to acknowledge plenty of java security warnings while starting the Weasis viewer.

For example, IcedTea (Fedora):
  1. complains about missing permissions attribute
  2. wants me to accept the usage of some resources
  3. wants me to grant permission to create a desktop launcher - every time I launch Weasis.
In Oracle Java 7u51 (Windows) with security level manually set to "medium":
  1. always allow run of Weasis (from HUG Hospitaux universitaires de Geneve) - and getting a message "it will be blocked in the future"
  2. accept installation of software (luckily I can use a checkbox here to remember my choice)
With security level "high" Weasis is unable to start.

BTW, I am using Weasis 1.2.4 - and love it.

How get I rid of those messages? Can somebody help me?

Best Regards

Nicolas Roduit

Aug 14, 2014, 2:21:08 AM8/14/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
These new security restrictions have been integrated from Weasis 1.2.7, see this post. I recommend to upgrade to the last version 2.0.2 (or at least to 1.2.9). You certainly need also to update weasis-pacs-connector (download the latest version) or for old dcm4chee web interface, download here.

And concerning IcedTea see this post.

SUKRAM

Aug 14, 2014, 9:04:11 AM8/14/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much - after the update of Weasis and its PACS connector, it is now working like a charme, even with the highest security level in Oracle Java 7u67.