connecting to dcm4chee via DICOM viewer

Greg Silverman

Sep 16, 2013, 5:18:32 PM9/16/13
Hi all,
This should be trivial, but I am not able to connect OsiriX to our dcm4chee instance.

What I've done:

- Created a Location in OsiriX using the host address of our dcm4chee server, port 11112 and an AETitle of DCM4CHEE
- Created the AE for OsiriX on our dcm4chee server (pings and echoes just fine)

First thought was that there was a firewall issue.

Tried from dcm4chee server:

telnet localhost 11112
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.

Tried remotely:

telnet dcm4chee.host 11112
Trying dcm4chee.host...
telnet: connect to address dcm4chee.host: Operation timed out
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

Okay, so there may be a firewall issue, so I added port 11112 to iptables:
#iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --dport 11112 -j ACCEPT
#iptables save
#service restart iptables

Then did a
# netstat -anp | grep 11112
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:11112               0.0.0.0:*                   LISTEN      1476/java

To get the pid, I did a

# fuser -v 11112/tcp
                     USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
11112/tcp:           root       1476 F.... java

Question: Is this what I should expect to see on port 11112 for proper configuration of dcm4chee? From a 'ps aux,' I have determined that this is the JVM that gets created to run JBoss on startup, so I would assume this is right.

Any ideas how to proceed? Is it possible to connect OsiriX to dcm4chee via WADO (I tried, but was not able to get this working)?

Thanks in advance!

Greg--

--
Greg M. Silverman
Senior Developer Analyst

Oleg Kovalchuk

Sep 16, 2013, 6:41:53 PM9/16/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

does look like network connectivity/firewall. Just a thought you are using -A on INPUT chain is there a possibility you have a restrictive rule that would kill this connection in the INPUT chain above the newly added rule?

Greg Silverman

Sep 16, 2013, 7:29:38 PM9/16/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Here's the contents off our iptables (nothing odd pops out, unless I am oblivious to it):

:INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [271:47219]
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 11112 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 8080 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -m comment --comment "000 accept all icmp" -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -m comment --comment "001 accept all to lo interface" -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m comment --comment "002 accept related established rules" -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p tcp -m multiport --dports 22 -m comment --comment "003 accept all ssh" -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m comment --comment "999 drop all" -j DROP
-A OUTPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 11112 -j ACCEPT
COMMIT

Thanks for the assitance!

Greg--
Message has been deleted

Oleg Kovalchuk

Sep 16, 2013, 7:49:27 PM9/16/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Sorry. looks ok. I thought the rule is below drop all but that was the output chain which you actually don't need.

Greg Silverman

Sep 16, 2013, 9:47:26 PM9/16/13
Thanks for confirming this! I'll see what the sys admin has to say about this. Very weird (I'm wondering if there is a possible firewall at the router?).

Greg--

Greg Silverman

Sep 17, 2013, 2:22:35 PM9/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Turns out there was indeed a network filter on this port. All is now well.

Thanks!

Greg--

On Monday, September 16, 2013 8:04:24 PM UTC-5, Greg Silverman wrote:
Thanks for confirming this! I'll see what the sys admin has to say about this. Very weird (I'm wondering if there is a possible firewall at the router?).

Greg--

Andres Caicedo

Sep 24, 2015, 10:37:17 AM9/24/15
to dcm4che
Hi Greg,

Can you please show me the WADO URI to connect OSIRIX to my DCM4CHEE?
I work fine with Weasis and Oviyam.  But some of the doctor use Osirix.

Andres Caicedo,
Senior Dev.