DICONDI Data instead of Dicom images

GOKHAN DILEK

Jun 17, 2014, 4:15:45 AM6/17/14
Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to send diconde images to the dcm4che pacs server.

If it was possible, I was wondering if it would be possible to change the dicom data parser to dicondi data.

Thank you.
Gokhan

fleetwoodfc

Jun 17, 2014, 5:57:38 AM6/17/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Yes it's possible:
"DICOM was intially designed for human medical use, and has made a successful move into the veterinary field, but now is moving on another stage, with extensions for industrial radiography. The standard which defines this is formally known as ASTM Standard Practice E 2339-08, but it is better known as DICONDE - Digital Imaging and Communication for Non-Destructive Evaluation.
Fortunately, the writers of this standard have made only the smallest of changes to the DICOM specifications, with the main modifications being those to replace "patient" details by those for "components" etc. A number of private attributes have also been added for elements not supported by existing official DICOM attributes." - http://www.medicalconnections.co.uk/