Is LDAP required for DCM4CHEE 5?

Pablo Pazos

May 10, 2018, 1:20:24 AM5/10/18
to dcm4che
Following the installation guide https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/wiki/Installation#mysql-and-mariadb

It mentions LDAP, but I can't find any information about LDAP being required or if there is any alternative to use LDAP, like relational DB storage for users.

Thanks.

Gunter Zeilinger

May 10, 2018, 9:28:20 AM5/10/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
LDAP is required. OpenLDAP is most tested.

Docjay

May 10, 2018, 9:28:53 AM5/10/18
to dcm4che
You have to use some form of it, either OPENLDAP, apacheDS (what I use for example), or OpenDJ, whatever you like.  Its only used to store the config for the archive.    To answer your question, yes you need one of these.

Docjay

May 10, 2018, 9:30:11 AM5/10/18
to dcm4che
you beat me to it Gunter, I need to be faster

Gustavo Fernandez Guirland

May 11, 2018, 10:14:12 AM5/11/18
to dcm4che
Pablo como estas?
As Gunterze and Docjay mention, LDAP is essential. Do not think of it as a function only of Active Directory, but all the configurations that manage the dcm4chee-arc involve it. While some maneuvers can be done from the GUI of the PACS below it is always in the handling of the LDAP. In my case I also use OpenLDAP, I use the Linux console and if I want to see it graphically Apache Directory Studio.

Si te puedo ayudar avisame
Saludos