hl7forward stylesheet

Steve Pillar

Oct 1, 2013, 8:54:34 AM10/1/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone got any examples of the hl7forward xls stylesheet that they could provide me with? I am trying to set up MPPS from dcm4chee back to Mirth. Status updates from the modality are being registered in dcm4chee and I can see the hl7 message produced as follows:

MSH|^~\&|DCM4CHEE|MPPS2ORM|MIRTH|MIRTH|||ORM^O01||P|2.3||||||8859/1
PID|||ABC1234567^^^Issuer of Patient ID1||INTERFACE^TEST||19990101|M
ORC|SC|ABC1234567|ABC1234567||CM
OBR|1|ABC1234567|ABC1234567|^^
ZDS|1.2.826.0.1.2112370.46.1.60289754^DCM4CHEE^Application^DICOM

This message is followed by an error stating that the stylesheet cannot be found, hence my request.

The location of the stylesheet should be the conf/dcm4chee-hl7/DCM4CHEE^MPPS2ORM folder.

I just need to have a rough idea of what it is supposed to contain.

Thanks

Arnold Maderthaner

Oct 3, 2013, 9:40:40 AM10/3/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
cant you just use the MPP2ORM service that will send out the hl7 message to mirth ? you only would need to register the hl7 connection in the AE management.

Steve Pillar

Oct 3, 2013, 11:31:38 AM10/3/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I have set up a Mirth AE in the Application Entities area, and I can do a successful  dicom echo. But the status updates of Started, Completed etc do not result in a message being sent to Mirth.

Interestingly if I bring up the patient in the Folders area, and select a Completed exam, I can export it to my Mirth AE, that is, a DICOM message is sent to my Mirth application.

But this does not happen automatically...

Thanks for any suggestions

Steve Pillar

Oct 4, 2013, 5:16:34 AM10/4/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
From the server log file I can see the ORM message created and an attempt made to send to Mirth, but an exception is then recorded, as follows:

2013-10-04 10:03:44,116 WARN  Test_AET->DCM4CHEE (Thread-39) [org.dcm4chex.archive.hl7.HL7SendService] Failed to process org.dcm4chex.archive.hl7.HL7SendOrder@201310041003439940@7b7863b1[receiving=MIRTH^MIRTH, failures=1]. Scheduling retry.
java.io.IOException: Receiver MIRTH^MIRTH closed socket Socket[addr=localhost/127.0.0.1,port=6662,localport=58170] during waiting on response.

Is there an issue at the Mirth end or dcm4chee?

Thanks

Steve Pillar

Oct 4, 2013, 5:24:52 AM10/4/13

Steve Pillar

Oct 4, 2013, 5:22:32 AM10/4/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
In Mirth (3) the receiving channel has been set up as a DICOM Listener, localhost:6662, which I have been able to dicom echo from dcm4chee. The AE is MIRTH^MIRTH, otherwise I have not changed the standard setup.

fleetwoodfc

Oct 4, 2013, 7:25:41 AM10/4/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
What are you trying to do? - unclear from your post. Usually you would use the MPPS2ORM service to create an HL7 status update message and then use the HL7Send service to forward the message to Mirth - Mirth doesn't need a DICOM listener.

Steve Pillar

Oct 4, 2013, 9:01:20 AM10/4/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if it is not clear.

I think I have set up MPPS2ORM and the HL7Send service correctly, and have set up an Application Entity in dcm4chee, MIRTH^MIRTH, pointing to local port 6662, from which I get a successful dicom echo.

Mirth has been set up as per my earlier comments. If I change the listening channel to a TCP Listener, then the dicom echo won't work

If you say Mirth doesn't need a DICOM listener, which I assume you are saying because an HL7 message is being sent, how do we make the connection to Mirth?

Apologies again. I am still grappling with getting my head around dcm4chee in particular.

Thanks

David Davies

Oct 4, 2013, 9:34:49 AM10/4/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
The Mirth Channel should be a LLP Listener to accept HL7 messages. The application entities you configure via the dcm4chee web interface can be DICOM or HL7 AEs - HL7 AEs use the APPLICATION^FACILITY  notation (e.g. MIRTH^MIRTH) whereas DICOM uses just APPLICATION (e.g. DCM4CHEE).

Steve Pillar

Oct 4, 2013, 10:54:39 AM10/4/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
All working now - thanks for all your help.

Johnson F

Sep 2, 2021, 5:39:00 AM9/2/21
to dcm4che
how to do? whats the configuration required in hl7forward rules.

i just created hl7 llp sever in mirth, added in AE, set forward rules but not working