How Weasis force running on 32 JVM

Sara Saeed

Dec 11, 2013, 2:33:34 AM12/11/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
i have a 64-bits OS which has both 32-bits and 64-bits JVM.
How weasis force the running to operate on the 32-bits JVM because the default JVM is the 64-bits.
Moreover,if it ran on the 64-bits JVM the compressed files will not be open .

nicolas...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2013, 11:14:51 AM12/11/13
Yes, I know this issue. For the portable version it has been fixed, but with Java Web Start there is no way to handle this option. The only way I know is to have only the 32-bit JVM installed.

This problem will be solved when all the native codec wrappers will be replaced (only jpeg-ls is ok).

imageproce...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2013, 4:37:15 AM12/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Do you mean that the launcher makes the 32JVM the default one to work on, or should i replace the imageio and dcm4chee relatives because it doesnt work on 64 bits?

On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 1:04:34 PM UTC+2, nicolas...@gmail.com wrote:
Yes, I know this issue. For the portable version it has been fixed, but with Java Web Start there is no way to handle this option. The only way I know is to have only the 32-bit JVM installed.

This problem will be solved when all the native codec wrappers will be replaced (only jpeg-ls is ok).

nicolas...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2013, 7:42:16 AM12/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I tried to explain the problem in a previous post.

The current executable of weasis-portable (weasis-win32.exe) will preferably choose the 32-bit JVM when 64-bit and 32-bit JVM are installed.

And if you running the web version, Weasis will make a request to the WADO server for an uncompressed syntax when the native decoder is not available.

The final goal would be to have the native decoders on all the operating systems.

imageproce...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2013, 2:38:47 AM12/23/13
Thank you Nicolas

Babar Siraj

Jan 7, 2014, 1:59:35 PM1/7/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
@ Sara Saeed
I have implemented DCM4CHEE PACS in a hospital in Islamabad, Pakistan. However, new requirements / issues keep coming for which I need to consult forums and other people working on DCM4CHEE. If you are also working nearby Islamabad, we can exchange ideas and discuss problems. If it suits you, pls email babar...@gmail.com

Regards
Babar