ANNOUNCE: New dcm4chee-mysql and weasis unofficial Debian packages.

Pablo

Nov 16, 2014, 1:35:29 PM11/16/14
To whom could be interested,

The are available for free download the dcm4chee-mysql-2.18.0.deb  and weasis-2.0.2.deb unofficial Debian packges from:

tested on Debian 7.7.0 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

Simple installation steps of dcm4chee and weasis on linux:

1. Open a terminal and cd to downloaded dcm4chee-mysql-2.18.0.deb  and weasis-2.0.2.deb packages directory
2. sudo dpkg -i dcm4chee-mysql-2.18.0.deb  weasis-2.0.2.deb
3. sudo apt-get -f install
4. sudo  /etc/rc.local start
5. To activate Weasis, go to the JMX console (at http://localhost:8080/jmx-console) usr: admin passwd:admin
  • In dcm4chee.web select service=WebConfig and set these two values:
    WebviewerNames = weasis
    WebviewerBaseUrl = NONE
  • Click the Apply Changes button
6. To administrate dcm4chee,  go to the JMX console (at http://localhost:8080/dcm4chee-web3) usr: admin passwd:admin
Best regards

Pablo

bjpl

Nov 17, 2014, 12:23:10 PM11/17/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. Great job Pablo :-)

simonmd

Nov 27, 2014, 9:28:39 PM11/27/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Fine job Pablo! Soooo much easier!

However, I'm getting some errors on deployment (just doing the dcm4chee, not weasis) and the web interface does not get deployed. I get:

--- Incompletely deployed packages ---
org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo@f5ce780f { url=file:/var/lib/dcm4chee/server/default/deploy/dcm4chee-web-ear-3.0.1-mysql.ear }

I'm attaching the server.log

Thanks!
server.log

Ilan Tal

Jul 13, 2015, 1:38:15 AM7/13/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pablo,
I tried a couple of times to use your work to set up in Ubuntu 15.04. I get
Can't open /var/lib/dcm4chee/server/default/data/xmbean-attrs/dcm4chee.web@3Aservice@3DWebConfig.xml: No such file or directory.

I look in Nautilus in var/lib/dcm4chee/server/default/data and there is only mergedir and no xmbean-attrs. So the error is correct.
Then I looked in dcm4chee-mysql-2.18.0.deb where I found the var path and there was nothing in default/data, i.e. no "data".
So I looked in weasis-2.0.2.deb, again at the var path. This time it goes down to default/data/mergedir with no xmbean-attrs.
Could it be that your build of the deb file got damaged?

Thanks,
Ilan

Ilan Tal

Jul 13, 2015, 1:54:29 AM7/13/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
If I push on anyway, I get to the line

In dcm4chee.web select service=WebConfig and set these two values:

There is no service WebConfig. I don't know if this has any connection to the original error or not.

Salim Kanoun

Jan 12, 2016, 5:14:58 AM1/12/16
to dcm4che
Dear Pablo,

I got the same error as Ilan for the Waesis setup.
The DCM4CHEE part is OK.
I'm on Elementary OS debian based,

Best regards,

Salim

Nicolas Roduit

Jan 14, 2016, 2:46:35 AM1/14/16
to dcm4che
I will recommend to install new packages from the openmediavault-dcm4chee project

2) Install dcm4chee
  • sudo dpkg -i dcm4chee-mysql_2.18.2-rc1_all.deb
  • sudo apt-get -f install
3) install weasis:
  • sudo dpkg -i dcm4chee-weasis_2.0.5_all.deb

Note: these new packages will support the upgrade of the PACS to a new version.

Removing packages:
  • sudo apt-get remove dcm4chee-mysql
    will remove the binaries, but not the configuration or data files created by dcm4chee-mysql. It will also leave dependencies installed with it on installation time untouched.
  • apt-get purge dcm4chee-mysql or apt-get remove --purge dcm4chee-mysql
    will remove about everything regarding the package dcm4chee-mysql, but not the dependencies installed with it on installation. Both commands are equivalent. If you use the default image directory located in the installed directory, all the images will be removed.

Ilan Tal

Jan 17, 2016, 9:47:17 AM1/17/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,
I am still trying your suggestions and they look good. To test the transfer I want to use the test site: http://dicom.vital-it.ch:8089/dcm4chee-web3.
I can't figure out what its AET is. My local machine is DCM4CHEE and of course 2 stations can't have the same title.

I tried to change my AET and echo fails saying it can't make a connection. Presumably I need to change an entry in jboss. The trouble is that I'm still not really sure what the test station AET is. Also I would like a confirmation that the transfer SHOULD work. I changed my IP from localhost to 192.168.0.100 which is my local address (within the LAN) - which may well be invisible to the test station.

Could you give a couple of lines of advice on changing my AET in case I want to play over my local LAN with a different computer? Also if the test site isn't capable of transferring studies, is there another place which is capable?

Thanks,
Ilan