Merging studies automatically on basis of Study Instance UID

nutun

Mar 4, 2020, 7:39:56 AM3/4/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

I have deployed dcm4chee-arc-psql:5.21.0-secure (dockerized). I have multiple modalities connected with my server which are receiving MWL and archiving images on dcm4chee PACS server. Now I want to do the following:

There is a MRI study performed and archived on PACS having Patient ID 123456, Accession # 191231001 and Study Instance UID 1.2.826.0.1.3680043.2.360.10193. Then a CR of same patient performed having Patient ID 123456, Accession # 191231001 and Study Instance UID 1.2.826.0.1.3680043.2.360.10193 (same as in MRI). So the information of patient is same but scans are performed on two different modalities.

I want to ask how can I merge these two studies automatically. As CR should be archived on PACS as part of MRI study.

Need guideline on this.

fleetwoodfc

Mar 4, 2020, 8:34:57 AM3/4/20
to dcm4che

From the IHE (Appendix A). - https://www.ihe.net/uploadedFiles/Documents/Radiology/IHE_RAD_TF_Vol1.pdf

Your case is Requested Procedure 3

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 8.26.10 AM.png

Romeo Kaka

Mar 4, 2020, 1:36:22 PM3/4/20
to dcm4che
Hi,
Please explain. In this case, Should we generate 2 ORM messages. One for study description 1 and 2nd messages for Study Description 2 with same accession and SIUD?

Romeo Kaka

Mar 4, 2020, 1:38:08 PM3/4/20
to dcm4che
Sorry. I mean scheduled procedure 1 and 2.

gunterze

Mar 5, 2020, 2:52:12 AM3/5/20
to dcm4che
Think you mix up the DICOM term of a Study/Procedure with the examination of the Patient on one device, which maps to the DICOM term Scheduled/Performed Procedure Step.

Because a DICOM Study is identified by its Study Instance UID, "merging" of objects created by different devices with equal Study Instance UID to one DICOM Study is implicitly done.

nutun

Mar 5, 2020, 11:44:22 PM3/5/20
to dcm4che
Thank you gunterze.