Error in sending a few series from Scanner to DCM4CHEE (TransactionRolledbackLocalException error)

Danny Kim

Jan 6, 2015, 3:12:50 PM1/6/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello DCM4CHE users,

Recently, I've been encountering this error in sending study images from the Scanner to DCM4CHEE server.
The whole study is pushed to the server except for couple of series (one or two series consisting of < 100 images) with "TransactionRolledbackLocalException" error logged.
The Scanner console reports the push as "failed" and when I try to retry the push, the exact same series have issues again.

Any idea as to why some series make the push while some do not?

I've attached the server.log after the error has occurred.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Danny Kim
dcm4chee_error_log.txt

Arnold Maderthaner

Jan 6, 2015, 4:49:25 PM1/6/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
did you check if your database is working properly ?

Mark Messer

Jan 6, 2015, 11:59:13 PM1/6/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
A "TransactionRolledbackLocalException" is pretty generic. The call stack in the log is helpful.

java.sql.SQLException: Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Something took so long that a timeout was exceeded, causing the transaction to fail and roll back.

This is a short series, so it is not too many images. Perhaps it is large images. Perhaps one of the images contains an error.
The log identifies the problem image. Try sending it alone. Try looking at it with some tools.

Danny Kim

Jan 7, 2015, 2:12:23 PM1/7/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Arnold and Mark for your suggestions!

I've relaunched the server and tried sending the problematic series again.
This time, the scanner console successfully pushed to dcm4chee and no error was being logged in dcm4chee server.log and on the scanner console.
However, when I try to query the series using OsiriX, the series do show up but with 0 image counts.

Again, there are no useful error log that I can use to troubleshoot and it's quite puzzling.

Mark - what kind of image error might I look for in the series and have you had any experience where everything says it successfully transferred but you find 0 image count?

Thanks again for all your help!

Danny Kim

Danny Kim

Jan 7, 2015, 2:48:51 PM1/7/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Update: although image count is 0, when I click retrieve, the series do show up on local OsiriX.
Perhaps this means that the series did get transfer from scanner to dcm4chee but the image count has been incorrectly updated.

Anyone with similar experience?

Danny Kim

Danny Kim

Jan 7, 2015, 6:30:11 PM1/7/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Resolved:
- Logged on to dcm4chee-web3 interface
- Open subject with 0 image count series
- Expand and close series folder and image counts will automatically update.

It doesn't quite make sense yet, but this fixed ALL image count 0 series.

This is useful for people using OsiriX as pacs client since when you have a series with false image count 0, you can't retrieve using C-MOVE on a subject-level and have to retrieve one-by-one in the series-level.

Danny Kim