Is there a way to set WEASIS 3.0.1 to use 600 or 1200 DPI for DICOM printing?

Moises Rivera

Jul 28, 2018, 3:06:48 PM7/28/18
to dcm4che

Hello Everyone

I am knowing weasis and it looks really good it has many options for many things, but I tried to print on a dicom printer drypro 793 and I just saw the maximum dpi is 300, the drypro793 support 600 and 1200 dpi so I ask, it is possible to print using 600 or 1200 dpi?

I already printed using 300 dpi on a film 14x17 and the resolution is not good enough.

Please let me know what other info I can provide.

Kind Regards
Moi

Nicolas Roduit

Aug 1, 2018, 4:21:25 AM8/1/18
to dcm4che
It is limited to 300 dpi because with a large image like mammography you can have an out of memory exception.

Increasing the dpi will only allow improving the quality of the annotations (text and graphics overlay are rasterized on a bigger image). If you have an image of 512x512 pix with 300 dpi, Weasis will increase the resolution by interpolation (bilinear or bicubic) depending on the size of the film, but this job of interpolation could also be done on the printer side. So if the original image is sent to the printer or a bigger image with interpolation, the result should be the same.

What is the selected value of "Magnification Type" in the DICOM Print dialog ? try CUBIC