Oviyam and IOviyam with JBoss

HM

Dec 21, 2015, 3:45:03 AM12/21/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I had deployed Oviyam and IOviyam on JBoss 4.2.2 GA on Windows 7 (to test IOviyam). I had deployed both war files in D:\jboss\server\default\deploy directory but here no folders with the names of Oviyam2 or IOviyam2 created like in Tomcat. But i can open the main login page of both applications.

I had deployed and set the admin password of JBoss and i can login into the JMX-Console. But with the same password i cannot login with the subject applications.

I had also added role in web.xml file like this

  <role-name>JBossAdmin</role-name>
      <role-name>Oviyam2</role-name>
  <role-name>IOviyam2</role-name>

and also in the jmx-console-role

UsersRolesLoginModule
admin=JBossAdmin,HttpInvoker, Oviyam2, IOviyam2

Please guide.

--HM

Devishree Kalaiselvi

Dec 21, 2015, 4:08:52 AM12/21/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
    ​Oviyam/iOviyam authentication redirects to DCM4CHEE JAAS authentication. ​The authentication will work in combination of jBoss-DCM4CHEE.

    If you want to use jBoss as standalone without DCM4CHEE to use oviyam, follow the steps in this thread.  3rd post from the end explains the same.

Thanks,
  Devishree.V
  Raster Images

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 2:15 PM, HM <hammad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I had deployed Oviyam and IOviyam on JBoss 4.2.2 GA on Windows 7 (to test IOviyam).

I had deployed and set the admin password of JBoss and i can login into the JMX-Console. But with the same password i cannot login with the subject applications.

Please guide.

--HM

HM

Dec 21, 2015, 5:05:27 AM12/21/15
to dcm4che
Thanks Devishree. I will follow the steps define and update you in case of any problem.

--HM

HM

Dec 21, 2015, 7:07:00 AM12/21/15
to dcm4che
Hi Devishree

I followed all the steps that are mentioned in the thread you forwarded me. I am telling the steps i performed. Please correct me if i am wrong.

1. Extract the oviyam2.war file into the folder name oviyam2.
2. Copy this folder named oviyam2.war into D:\jboss\server\default\deploy folder.
3. Made changes in oviyam2.war/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml (as mentioned in the thread)
4. Made changes in D:\jboss\server\default\conf\login-config.xml (as mentioned in the thread)
5. Made new files : oviyam-users and oviyam-roles in
6. Started the JBoss server using run.bat -b 127.0.0.1
7. I get the login screen. But the following error (Screenshot attached). I check my browser version. Its latest and updated.

Can you please guide me where i am wrong.

--HM
Oviyam2 error.png

Devishree Kalaiselvi

Dec 21, 2015, 7:27:33 AM12/21/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
    Do the changes in war file before deployment. Also after creation of new property files restart the jBoss then check.

Thanks,
  Devishree.V
  Raster Images

HM

Dec 22, 2015, 1:15:41 AM12/22/15
to dcm4che
I had the changes in the war file and deploy the war file instead of extracted folder.

In JBoss no folder is created with the name oviyam2 and i get the error:

HTTP Status 404 - /oviyam2/

type Status report

message /oviyam2/

description The requested resource (/oviyam2/) is not available.

JBossWeb/2.0.1.GA

Please guide..

HM

Dec 22, 2015, 1:17:26 AM12/22/15
to dcm4che
If i want to deploy weasis on JBoss without dcm4chee, Do i also need to make changes in that????

--HM

Devishree Kalaiselvi

Dec 22, 2015, 6:32:01 AM12/22/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
It seems to be the problem in updating the war.

Thanks,
  Devishree.V
  Raster Images

HM

Dec 22, 2015, 9:54:59 AM12/22/15
to dcm4che
Devishree! Can i go on PRODUCTION with Apache Tomcat Server. As, Oviyam 2 is working fine on it. But as you told iOviyam2 needs JBoss for production.

Beside JBoss will iOviyam2 and Oviyam2 can be deployed on Glass Fish???

--HM

Devishree Kalaiselvi

Dec 22, 2015, 10:49:39 PM12/22/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
​Oviyam2 could be used along with either jBoss or Tomcat servers and doesn't yet checked with Glass Fish.​

Thanks,
  Devishree.V
  Raster Images

HM

Dec 22, 2015, 11:46:07 PM12/22/15
to dcm4che
But i am facing issues with JBoss. Is it possible to deploy IOviyam on Tomcat using any lib or jar files??

--HM

Devishree Kalaiselvi

Dec 22, 2015, 11:48:39 PM12/22/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
iOviyam2 only works with jBoss.

Thanks,
  Devishree.V
  Raster Images

HM

Dec 22, 2015, 11:59:39 PM12/22/15
to dcm4che
Then how to get myself out of this problem?

Can you add this requirement in your new release that iOviyam x.x can also be deployed on any web server.

--HM

Devishree Kalaiselvi

Dec 23, 2015, 12:05:32 AM12/23/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
    Tomcat support would be added in iOviyam on next release.

Thanks,
  Devishree.V
  Raster Images

HM

Dec 23, 2015, 12:10:13 AM12/23/15
to dcm4che
Okie..... I will test both 9Oviyam and IOviyam) on Glass fish and websphere AS and update you. Roughly by when we can expect the new version of Oviyam , IOviyam and also Mayam??

Devishree Kalaiselvi

Dec 23, 2015, 12:38:30 AM12/23/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
We'll let you know once the road map has been prepared.

Thanks,
  Devishree.V
  Raster Images

Saroj K Jha

Fede

May 14, 2020, 11:05:53 AM5/14/20
to dcm4che
Replying to an old thread.

Create a user in tomcat/conf/tomcat-users.xml with role "WebUser".