Use dcmsnd or other utility to anonymize DICOM files 'in place'?

Joey

Jul 12, 2019, 7:35:48 AM7/12/19
to dcm4che
Hello

I currently use (old) dcmsnd to anonymously send DICOM files to PACS using the very handy -set flag.
I don't remember how I found out about that flag, because it isn't talked about on the dcmsnd page.

Using dcmsnd like this transfers DICOM objects to the PACS with the adjustments you made to any tags.
One example would be:
dcmsnd AET@localhost:11112 FileOrDirectory -set 001000020=NewPatientId

The file(s) in FileOrDirectory however remain as is with the original PatientID intact.

Can I use dcmsnd to rewrite the original files with new values. Or use a directory as AET so that complete DICOM files
are stored in 'that' directory? If not is there another utility which will allow me to do this?

Thank you!

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Jul 17, 2019, 4:31:18 PM7/17/19
to dcm4che
dcmrcv

Essentially, you could send the files to yourself and store them in another folder. Run dcmrcv on a separate terminal.