Sending HL7 message for ORM using java socket programming

Ahasan Habib

Oct 27, 2019, 6:38:12 AM10/27/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

actually i wanna implement dcm4chee and i was install dcm4chee. now i want create modality worklist in dcm4chee so i have been trying send hl7 message to the DCM4CHEE using java socket programming but unfortunately don't create modality worklist but show exception "unrecognized-PDU"

please kindly someone help me how to send  hl7 message for ORM
Untitled.png

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Oct 27, 2019, 12:54:27 PM10/27/19
to dcm4che
You are opening a socket connection to the 11112 port, that's the DICOM port, not HL7.

The default HL7 port for that dcm4chee was, if I remember correctly, 2575.

I'll try to use a third party library for creating the HL7 messages if I were you, or perhaps something like Mirth Connect.

Gunter Zeilinger

Oct 27, 2019, 1:06:37 PM10/27/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
HL7 port is 2575, not 11112 by default configuration

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

actually i wanna implement dcm4chee and i was install dcm4chee. now i want create modality worklist in dcm4chee so i have been trying send hl7 message to the DCM4CHEE using java socket programming but unfortunately don't create modality worklist but show exception "unrecognized-PDU"

please kindly someone help me for successfully send  hl7 message for ORM