Query/retrieve all Key Object Selection Documents and associated series

jhleg...@vicomtech.org

May 22, 2017, 9:17:14 AM5/22/17
to dcm4che
Hi,
I'm trying to fetch some DICOM series that are Key Object Selection Documents (i.e. series images marked as Key Objects). I'd need to query all existing KOS documents to a DICOM node, and retrieve these, as well as the associated series.

In order to do this, I guess that I need to restrict the corresponding query and retrieve processes by setting the Modality to KO.

However, it looks like my approach is not correct. I've used the QueryTool [1] class, but I'm wondering:
  • How can I get the list of studies returned as the result of the query?
  • How can I set the modality restriction to the query/retrieve?

For the query, I've tried

int tagInDecimal = Integer.parseInt("00080060", 16);
String modalities = "\\KO";
queryTool
.addQueryTag(tagInDecimal, modalities);

without success.

Thanks,
Jon

gunterze

May 23, 2017, 6:01:50 PM5/23/17
to dcm4che
You have to use (0008,0061) Modalities In Study = "KO", not (0008,0060) Modality = " \\KO", for STUDY level queries.
The other option is to query on SERIES Level with (0008,0060) Modality = "KO", with negotiation of Relation Queries - so you need not to specify a Study Instance UID.

gunter

jhleg...@vicomtech.org

May 25, 2017, 4:17:10 AM5/25/17
to dcm4che