how to start?

Katarzyna Kokosza

May 28, 2016, 5:35:31 AM5/28/16
to dcm4che
hello there,
I've got a project about dcm4che library
'building an app to manipulate DICOM images with dcm4che'

what do you think should I do? I download source code from github, I did "mvn install" thing and I import this maven project to intelliJ.
But what should I do now? I didn't know how to "run" this project and I don't know how to build my own app from this. I will appreciate every tip.

Ilan Tal

May 29, 2016, 5:16:10 AM5/29/16
to dcm4che
I assume you downloaded from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/dcm4che/files/dcm4che3/

It isn't totally clear what you want to do but inside /dcm4chee/bin/ there are all the programs. They can be run from a command line.
Beyond that, it isn't clear what you are trying to do.

Ilan

Katarzyna Kokosza

May 31, 2016, 5:40:12 AM5/31/16
to dcm4che
I want to implement basic app in java.

Dr Suresh Viswanathan

May 31, 2016, 2:47:04 PM5/31/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
To start of, I hope you have a good knowledge of Java and at least the basics of DICOM. Don’t expect to learn either in this forum. This forum is dedicated to dcm4che.

dcm4che is just a toolkit which you can use to create your app. There isn’t anything to “run”. For actual executable programs, there are several command line utilities included in the toolkit worth looking at to get a feel.

Finally have a look at Mayam and Weasis. Both are Java Applications for viewing and manipulating DICOM Images

Suresh