Match oru with accession number not study uid

Pela Silveira

Aug 8, 2019, 7:43:52 PM8/8/19
to dcm4che
Hello! me again! ;)

I am working with hl7 v2 to import SR to dcm4chee-arc

I have programmed successfully the study. But I can´t match the SR to the study by accession number. It only works when i send study uid. The problem is that my HIS/RIS I does not know that identifier as i still don't have an interface to query or receive that info.

this is my ORM message

MSH|^~\&|Andes|HOSPITAL PROVINCIAL NEUQUEN|PACSHELLER|HOSPITAL HORACIO HELLER|||ORM^O01||P|2.3.1||||||||
PID|||124
ORC|NW|61050AaBb|||SC|1^^^20190805150100^^R|||||||||||||
OBR||61050AaBb||^^^16310003^ecografia^SRT||||||||||||34934522^Goldman||61050AaBb|16310003|16310003||||US|S||1^^^20190805150100^^R|||||||||||||||||16310003^ecografia^SRT|

and this is my orm msg

MSH|^~\&|Andes|HOSPITAL PROVINCIAL NEUQUEN||HOSPITAL HORACIO HELLER|||ORU^R01||P|2.3.1||||||||
PID|||124||||||||||
ORC|XO||61050AaBb|||CM||||||||||||||
OBR|||61050AaBb||16310003^ecografia^^ecografia||||||||||||34934522^Goldman|||61050AaBb||||||US|F|||||||||||||||||||16310003^ecografia|
OBX||TX|^SR Text||Esto es un informe de Ecografía.||||||F||||||

that store a new study

but if i add this segment
OBX|2|HD|^Study Instance UID||2.25.318385542875496221901992008883405498746||||||F|||

it store within the study. that is my objetive

Another think that is rare is that the acknowledge takes very long to arrive

thank you very much

martin hamon

Aug 8, 2019, 7:51:25 PM8/8/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hablas español?

Pela Silveira

Aug 8, 2019, 8:04:53 PM8/8/19
to dcm4che
Is my english so bad? XD

yes i am from Argentina
Hablas español?

martin hamon

Aug 8, 2019, 8:31:46 PM8/8/19
to dcm4che
No, mine its worse. See linkedin.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dcm4che/6c715c0e-cf9d-4394-bd47-c72372b0043b%40googlegroups.com.

martin hamon

Aug 9, 2019, 10:33:16 AM8/9/19
to dcm4che
Sorry my friend. I read your question too fast, i have the same problem if i not pass uid in obx segment the sr not match with the study.
I dont know how other persons do that because normally the ris not know nothing about study UID.

vrinda nayak

Aug 12, 2019, 11:09:42 AM8/12/19
to dcm4che
IHE compliant HL7 Order messages shall contain either ZDS or IPC segment (which contains the Study Instance UID), but in the above HL7 order message neither ZDS nor IPC segments are available, hence archive generates StudyInstanceUID.

The order of sequence considered to generate StudyInstanceUID is as follows :
- Generate based on Requested Procedure ID : If Requested Procedure ID available in HL7 Order message.
- Generate based on Accession Number : if HL7 Order Missing Study IUID Policy set to ACCESSION_BASED
- Generate random UID

Since in your HL7 message, Requested Procedure ID is available in OBR-19, the Study Instance UID is generated from it. See related issue.

Now, we have also made HL7 ORU messages to be handled in a similar way. See issues 2123 and 2124.

Also, note that even after these changes, you must ensure that if you adjust the stylesheets, then fields from which you read Accession No / Requested Procedure ID in OBR segments shall match for both ORM and ORU messages.

Pela Silveira

Aug 13, 2019, 11:53:26 PM8/13/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vrinda, thank you very much for your response.

I havent read in depth scheduled procedure Profile. Now, thanks to you i am learning That dss/order filler actor Is responsible for genereating study uid.

Cant you explain me this? I dont understand why Is That way. I thought That Dicom uids were related with the archive as they share the same prefix.

And if the ris generates the uid, what Is the reason to also generate accesion numbers?

Also i have the doubt if want to use accession number to match studies within ris-pacs, i shouldnt use procedure ids?

Thanks again

Gunter Zeilinger

Aug 14, 2019, 12:25:38 PM8/14/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Also be aware that IHE Scheduled Workflow distinguish between HL7 Order Messages between Order Placer and Order Filler - which does not contain Accession Number, Requested Procedure ID, Study Instance UID or Scheduled Procedure Step ID - and HL7 Order Messages between the Order Filler and the Image Manager - which includes these IDs.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 5:53 AM Pela Silveira <pela2s...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Vrinda, thank you very much for your response.

I havent read in depth scheduled procedure Profile. Now, thanks to you i am learning That dss/order filler actor Is responsible for genereating study uid.

Cant you explain me this? I dont understand why Is That way. I think That Dicom uids where relates with the archive as they share the same prefix.

And if the ris generates the uid, what Is the reason to also generate accesion numbers?

Also i have the doubt if want to use accession number to match studies within ris-pacs, i shouldnt use procedure ids?

Thanks again

Pela Silveira

Sep 8, 2019, 11:03:09 AM9/8/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hola Martín no te pude responder el mensaje por LinkedIn.no me deja. Fíjate en lanulty update de dcm4chee estaría resuelto este tema. Saludos