Two separate archive for each IP address on Ubuntu server

GOKHAN DILEK

Sep 25, 2014, 5:52:46 AM9/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I have got an experimental server where I want to have two dcm4chee instances running.

I have got two IP addresses that I can access the server.

I can get the first dcm4chee installation without any issue.

I tried to bind the first IP address to the first dcm4chee installation which works without any issues. I have also sent some images to that instance.

So I have created run.sh file and run2.sh file(only modified the JBOSS_BIND_Address=My ipaddress1 for run.sh and =myipaddress2 for run2.sh).

I managed to run both of these files without any issue. Also managed to send images to the ip1.

The problem is I am getting the images that are sent to the ip1 when I access the ip2. I need them to have two seperate archive for each IP address

ubuntu 10.4
postgresql 9.3
java oracle sdk 7
dcm4cheepostgresql 2.18.0

I think I am still missing something here and I could not figure out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

The problems start

fleetwoodfc

Sep 25, 2014, 6:16:35 AM9/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a separate database and AE Title for each?

Alvaro [Andor]

Sep 25, 2014, 6:48:56 AM9/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Gokhan,

You need two different instalations, with two different databases, and two different directories to get two different dcm4chee instances.

What you are doing there is running the same dcm4chee, with the same database, but binded to a different IP address.

Thanks

GOKHAN DILEK

Sep 25, 2014, 9:04:28 AM9/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Yes I do have seperate databases.

I have two folders under server (default and second)

I thought you can have one dcm4chee installation and copy paste the folder under server to run the second instance instead of creating the whole dcm4chee folder ?

Alvaro [Andor]

Sep 25, 2014, 9:13:34 AM9/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I don't know how well would that work, but anyway, you should take in account another thing: the binding port for your DCM4CHEE instance, which is different than your jboss binding.

Thanks

El 25/09/14 15:04, GOKHAN DILEK escribió:

GOKHAN DILEK

Sep 25, 2014, 9:14:42 AM9/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Andor,

Thank you for making this clear.

How can I make sure my first dcm4chee can be accessed by ip1 and the second accessed by ip2?

Alvaro [Andor]

Sep 25, 2014, 9:17:57 AM9/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gokhan,

Check this, it may help you:

http://forums.dcm4che.org/jiveforums/message.jspa?messageID=21798

Thanks!

GOKHAN DILEK

Sep 25, 2014, 9:32:41 AM9/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Yes I have tried that but it looks like they are not using two different dcm4chee.

1. Configure 2 ipaddresses using ip aliasing.
2. Download all the packages, etc., set up exactly as for single instance and get it working, but with the change to the 8443 connector described above.
3. In the jmx-console, set the Local Address for DcmServer, HL7Server, TCPListener, UDPListener to the first IP address.
4. Quit the server.
5. Create two more databases, one for pacs, one for arr. I used "pacsdb2" and "arrdb2", with the same user as for the first server.
6. Copy dcm4chee/server/default to dcm4chee/server/tls (my goal was to support both plain and tls connections, the name "tls" is arbitrary)
$ cp -R default tls
7. Edit tls/deploy/pacs-<database>-ds.xml and tls/deploy/arr-<database>-ds.xml and change the dbnames to the new ones created in step 5.
8. Edit default/conf/jboss-log4j.xml and tls/conf/jboss-log4j.xml, changing "localhost" to the the desired IP address:
<param name="Host" value="10.20.30.10" />, <param name="Host" value="10.20.30.11" />

The problem I had was with this setup, when I sent the images to ip1, it is accessible from ip2 (even though they had different databases).

Also changed ip addresses in the jboss-log.xml for each instance.

I am really curious if someone really got this working.

Otherwise, I will have to try two seperate independent dcm4hcee instances (in this case, I am not sure how I can assign IP addresses to a specific dcm4chee installation)..

Thank you for your response.

fleetwoodfc

Sep 25, 2014, 1:59:37 PM9/25/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I use the same basic method to run multiple instances so I can confirm that it does work when configured correctly. You start the individual instances using the -c and -c options of  run.sh e.g run.sh -c tls -b 10.20.30.11