Migration 2.15 to 2.17 and compression

Eduardo Rodríguez

Jan 21, 2013, 1:41:00 PM1/21/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I have a dmc4chee 2.15.0 on a Windows Server 2008 64-bit, my intention is to migrate to a DCM4CHEE ubuntu 2.17.2 on a 64-bit server and start using compression, and compress the images stored (nearly 14 Tb)
On the new server if I create a new database, send pictures and enabled compression rules work correctly, but if I restore the database in use in version 2.15.0 and applied the upgrade scripts apparently everything works well, you can query / retrieve but the compression does not work.
Anyone have idea that might be happening?

Thank you very much,

Eduardo

Arnold Maderthaner

Jan 21, 2013, 1:53:09 PM1/21/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
For the new incoming images you need to configure the StoreScp Service CompressionRules setting. For the "old" images you need to enable the CompressionService and define rules how to compress them.
An important setting is TaskInterval as it defaults to NEVER. If you change that it should start compressing the images based on your settings in CompressionRules in CompressionService.
For performance you can also try to play with the MaxConcurrentCodec settings.

yours

Arnold

Eduardo Rodríguez

Jan 22, 2013, 5:24:51 AM1/22/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Arnold,
The Compression service is enabled, and the new images after the difine interval are compressed ok. But when I restore the database from the 2.15 version and run the upgrade scripts the compression doesnt work.
I didn't enable the compression rules in the storescp service because I doesn't want on the fly compression.
Thanks, regards