How to rehabilitate a damaged dcm4chee archive

William Dockery

Dec 3, 2016, 10:33:41 AM12/3/16
to dcm4che

Hi, I have been running dcm4chee-2.17.2-psql on a MacMini with no problems for a couple of years, but I recently left the archive untouched for several months, did an OS update in the interim to El Capitan, and then noticed that the server was not running and could not be started.  The postgres database was unaffected.

I am not sure how to get back to a working environment.

Attempt:

I followed the upgrade instructions on dcm4che.atlassian.net, using my current dcm4chee version as the upgrade version:  2-17.2.  AE Title DCM4CHEEmacmini.  This generates a viewable web admin screen, and I see the list of the 100-or-so cases that were in the earlier archive, but when I click on an "image select" icon, I get empty thumbnails and a question mark, such as:

Patient name:1.5 ONI Foot Description:MONOCHROME2, 16 bits, 512x512x1
Frame: 1/1 Original Size
Not an image

I think I followed the upgrade instructions verbatim, with one possible exception:  I may not have done the second bullet item below:

Copy all following directories/files from old to new installation directory:
  • dcm4chee-2.yy.y-xxx/server/default/archive (if there are your DICOM archive files)
  • dcm4chee-2.yy.y-xxx/server/default/data/xmbean-attrs (there are MBean settings)

The following files are currently in dcm4chee-2.yy.y-xxx/server/default/data:

-rw-r--r--   1 wdock  staff    46 Nov 27 15:19 jboss.identity

drwxr-xr-x   4 wdock  staff   136 Nov 27 15:19 tx-object-store

drwxr-xr-x  86 wdock  staff  2924 Dec  3 09:26 xmbean-attrs

And the contents of xmbean-attrs is attached.

My startup log is attached. I am not yet smart enough to understand the errors and warnings.  The log includes a few minutes of run-time, including my unsuccessful click on the "image selector" in one of the studies.

I have an OsiriX DICOM node running elsewhere on my intranet, with AE Title C02QG7WGG8WPOsir.  Running dicom echo to this OsiriX node from the DCM4CHEE web interface yields a promising result:

DICOM Echo to dicom://C02QG7WG...@10.0.1.126:11112:
Open Association in 13 ms.
1 Echoes, each done in less than 1 ms!
Total time for successfully echo C02QG7WGG8WPOsir: 17 ms!

But querying from OsiriX yields:

DCM4CHEEmacmini  /  10.0.1.117:11112

DICOM Network Failure (query)
Association Rejected : 0006:0301 DUL Association Rejected

Could you suggest what is wrong and propose next steps?

If the proposed next steps are to re-install jboss and dcm4chee, what instructions should I use?  And I assume I will, at some point, be able to use the postgres database?  And the associated images?

Thanks--

William
dcm4cheeStartupLog.txt
currentxmbean-attrs.txt