DCMLinux - Dicom Linux Distribution

Jorge Fernandez

Sep 17, 2013, 10:19:57 PM9/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone, I would like to let you guys know that me and my team have been working in an opensource linux distribution called DCMLinux which best feature is that integrates DCM4CHE to serve as a PACS. Its core is an Ubuntu 10.04 and it provides and easy and friendly installer that lets you configure a running PACS in just some minutes. We are now in the beta testing if someone would like to download it and install it, the url is http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcmlinux/ and our website http://www.dcmlinux.org. Our goal is to reach the first final ISO by the end of this month and it will provide DCM4CHEE 2.17.x, Weasis, Oviyam, iOviyam, Mayam and Care2x as addons if you would like to install them. We will also maintain a repo with the latest releases of the software mentioned before so that you can update your packages via apt-get and auto-configuring them if they need to. We also have the idea of making a sort of a web manager in the final release to make maintenance tasks and configurations easier to the PACS and it will be our free feature from part of our team.

Aaron Boxer

Sep 18, 2013, 2:10:58 PM9/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I really like this idea.

A few questions:

- ubuntu 10.04 is a bit old, why not try 12.04, 64 bit?
- Also, have you considered hosting this on github? They have a terrific workflow for developers.
- which databases do you support?

Cheers,
Aaron

Jorge Fernandez

Sep 18, 2013, 3:42:01 PM9/18/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Aaron, thanks for the interest, let me try to answer your questions:

1. Why Ubuntu 10.04?
=/ Well we tried to take it out with 12.04 but we had some trouble with MySQL installation as it is the preferred DB, in the past we have used 10.04 with a similar project and it went all good. We plan to release a distribution with 12.04 in the near future maybe by november or december, it all depends on the work we have at the company.
However, we plan to maintain more the DCM4CHEE, Weasis, Oviyam.... packages than a linux distribution so in this case, if you have an Ubuntu server, why not only get the packages from our repo and install them, packages have their own installer via debconf and we plan to release packages to other distros such as fedora, redhat, etc, as well, thats why we are going to start to build a community with a wiki and forums.

2. Github
=/ We are still looking for a place to upload the code, but the only code we have modified right now has been Ubuntu's Ubiquity Installer, we will have that upload plus the web manager we are planning to do. Any other software involved in the project remains untouched.

3. Databases
=/ Well, right now we only have the MySQL DCM4CHEE deb package, but it seems its not the only one used, so maybe it will be right to take the other DCM4CHEE packages and make debs for them as well.

Cheers,

Jorge Fernandez

Steven Bliss

Sep 19, 2013, 4:03:07 AM9/19/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorge,

I have just downloaded and installed your iso on virtual box - what is the password for the DCMLinux User?

Cheers

Steve

Jorge Fernandez

Sep 19, 2013, 9:17:48 AM9/19/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Steve, thanks for downloading, password is "dcmlinux" without the quotes and for the root user too. I left it written down in the README file in the download page, I will put that note at the end of the installer for the next beta release that will be out by today in the afternoon and please give me some feedback after you have tested it. Forums will be ready http://forums.dcmlinux.org and wiki at http://wiki.dcmlinux.org.

Cheers,

Jorge

Aaron Boxer

Sep 24, 2013, 8:57:06 AM9/24/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jorge.

1. Why Ubuntu 10.04?
=/ Well we tried to take it out with 12.04 but we had some trouble with MySQL installation as it is the preferred DB, in the past we have used 10.04 with a similar project and it went all good. We plan to release a distribution with 12.04 in the near future maybe by november or december, it all depends on the work we have at the company.
However, we plan to maintain more the DCM4CHEE, Weasis, Oviyam.... packages than a linux distribution so in this case, if you have an Ubuntu server, why not only get the packages from our repo and install them, packages have their own installer via debconf and we plan to release packages to other distros such as fedora, redhat, etc, as well, thats why we are going to start to build a community with a wiki and forums.

Simply providing packages sounds like the most flexible approach.  Then you don't have to worry about iso distribution. After all, if someone wants to run a pacs, they need a certain minimum technical ability, which
should include installing their own linux distro.

2. Github
=/ We are still looking for a place to upload the code, but the only code we have modified right now has been Ubuntu's Ubiquity Installer, we will have that upload plus the web manager we are planning to do. Any other software involved in the project remains untouched.

The newest version of dcm4chee is on github. Sourceforge is kind of a wasteland of old or abandoned projects; whenever I see that a project is hosted there, I heave a deep sigh :)

3. Databases
=/ Well, right now we only have the MySQL DCM4CHEE deb package, but it seems its not the only one used, so maybe it will be right to take the other DCM4CHEE packages and make debs for them as well.

Yes, you really need to cover all of the databases .

Good luck,
Aaron

Jorge Fernandez

Sep 24, 2013, 9:24:54 AM9/24/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Aaron, if you would like to join later on the project, register at the forums http://forums.dcmlinux.org, its still "empty" but we will soon start to incorporate members to the team behind this project and we will start gathering new ideas to make it better.

Thanks,
Jorge

Francisco Cardozo

Oct 11, 2013, 2:33:48 PM10/11/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hola Jorge, estoy teniendo problemas en la descarga, queria saber si a alguno de udes les paso, llego al menu de inicio pero a la hora de elegir la opcion para descargar no arranca... lo estoy haciendo desde virtual box... saludos! espero tu respues

Alvaro G. [Andor]

Oct 11, 2013, 2:56:25 PM10/11/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
You should better use the language of choice for this mailing list, allowing more people to understand you, as Spanish speakers are a small number in here.

Try downloading last version from this link:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcmlinux/files/iso/

Pablo

Oct 12, 2013, 5:27:27 AM10/12/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorge,

The following Debian packages tested on Ubuntu Desktop and Server 11.10, 12.04.1, 12.10 and in Debian Squeeze and Testing, both 32 y 64 bit arch.
dcm4chee-arr-3.0.11.deb dcm4chee-cdw-2.17.0.deb dcm4chee-mysql-2.17.0.deb (Old web interface)
dcm4chee-mysql-2.17.2.deb (New web interface) dcm4chee-web-3.deb (Add the new web interface to dcm4chee-mysql-2.17.0)
dcm4chee-xds-1.0.2.deb weasis-1.2.4.deb ubuntu-11.10-i386-LiveCD-dcm4chee-2.17.0.iso (Live CD) DCM4CHEE-2.17.0.ova (Virtual Box Image) dcm4che-2.0.27-SNAPSHOT-16849.deb

Best regards

Pablo Sau

Francisco Cardozo

Oct 17, 2013, 12:42:58 PM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hello, sorry for my English, I wanted to know if I can install weasis the way indicated on page DCM4CHEE.
When installing dcmlinux, I chose the option to install weasis, but not installed.
Thanks for your time.

Jorge Fernandez

Oct 17, 2013, 12:50:27 PM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you can install it the way DCM4CHEE says, actually you just have to activate it in the JBoss admin console if you chose to install it in DCMLinux.

Francisco Cardozo

Oct 17, 2013, 1:15:00 PM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jorge, what you say, I just have to modify Jboos, should I not get the following?
  • Configure Weasis
    The default configuration of Weasis is stored in two files inside weasis.war.
    To override the default configuration:
    • Download weasis-connector-default.properties and rename it weasis-pacs-connector.properties
      Download weasis-jnlp-default.xml and rename it weasis-jnlp.xml

2013/10/17 Jorge Fernandez <jorge.f...@kapa7.com>
Yes, you can install it the way DCM4CHEE says, actually you just have to activate it in the JBoss admin console if you chose to install it in DCMLinux.

Jorge Fernandez

Oct 17, 2013, 4:01:01 PM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
No, you have to do this.

  • To activate Weasis, go to the JMX console (at http://localhost:8080/jmx-console)
    • In dcm4chee.web select service=WebConfig and set these two values:
      WebviewerNames = weasis
      WebviewerBaseUrl = NONE
    • Click the Apply Changes button

Francisco Cardozo

Oct 17, 2013, 4:24:31 PM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Jorge thanks for replying, continuing the theme of the installation of WEASIS.
Instructions for configuring weasis indicate that I download weasis-connector-default.properties and weasis-jnlp-default.xml
when I go to the site to download both files, the download option is not there, then I can help you
sorry for asking about this topic here, I did weasis forum, but did not receive an answer, I hope they understand, thanks

Jorge Fernandez

Oct 17, 2013, 5:43:26 PM10/17/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
You are not going to find the download button for a single file in github, go here : https://github.com/nroduit/weasis-pacs-connector/tree/master/src/main/resources and open the files and copy/paste the information in new files in the server with the same name, that would be the easiest thing to do. After that, configure the files as you need and restart dcm4chee. If you would like to contact me and discuss this in spanish please contact me jorge.f...@dcmlinux.org

Diego Telles

Sep 22, 2016, 4:24:07 PM9/22/16
to dcm4che

Not Appear the aetitles that I created the title on destination, can anyone help me please, how do I fix this problem?

David Nelsen

Nov 29, 2017, 10:56:32 AM11/29/17
to dcm4che
Trying to log into DCMLinux with the username DCMLinux User and the password dcmlinux as well as the one i input on install.  nether work.  Please verify username and password for DCMLinux-   ThankYou

Marcio Costa

Apr 25, 2020, 1:26:29 PM4/25/20
to dcm4che
Estou tentando restaurar o dcm de um hd para outro, pois o meu está pequeno.
qual o procedimento?
quais pastas e comandos devo executar para que possa fazer essa migracao?
ja copiei a pasta archive e a pasta pacsdb para a mesma estrutura que tinha no velho servidor.

Em terça-feira, 17 de setembro de 2013 23:19:57 UTC-3, Jorge Fernandez escreveu:

Olá pessoal, gostaria de saber que eu e minha equipe estamos trabalhando em uma distribuição Linux de código aberto chamada DCMLinux, que é a melhor característica que integra o DCM4CHE para servir como PACS. Seu núcleo é o Ubuntu 10.04 e fornece um instalador fácil e amigável que permite configurar um PACS em execução em apenas alguns minutos. Agora estamos no teste beta, se alguém quiser baixá-lo e instalá-lo, o URL é  http://sourceforge.net/ projects / dcmlinux /  e nosso site http://www.dcmlinux.org. Nosso objetivo é alcançar a primeira ISO final até o final deste mês e fornecerá DCM4CHEE 2.17.x, Weasis, Oviyam, iOviyam, Mayam e Care2x como complementos, se você desejar instalá-las. Também manteremos um repositório com as versões mais recentes do software mencionado anteriormente, para que você possa atualizar seus pacotes via apt-get e configurá-los automaticamente, se necessário. Também temos a ideia de fazer uma espécie de gerenciador da Web na versão final para facilitar as tarefas e configurações de manutenção para o PACS e esse será nosso recurso gratuito de parte de nossa equipe.

Marcio Costa

Apr 25, 2020, 2:25:59 PM4/25/20
to dcm4che
Olá meu amigo,
estou precisando fazer o backup das imagens,
ja copiei a pasta archive e a pasta pacsdb mas nao aparece no outro servidor.
pode me ajudar ?

Em quinta-feira, 17 de outubro de 2013 13:42:58 UTC-3, Francisco Cardozo escreveu:

Olá, desculpe pelo meu inglês, queria saber se posso instalar o weasis da maneira indicada na página DCM4CHEE.
Ao instalar o dcmlinux, escolhi a opção para instalar o weasis, mas não o instalado.
Obrigado pelo seu tempo.

Johnson F

Sep 2, 2021, 5:17:14 AM9/2/21
to dcm4che
whats the password for root - mysql

when i try login to server ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Jorge Fernandez

Sep 2, 2021, 11:05:07 AM9/2/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
It should be 'dcmlinux'

Saludos,

Jorge Fernandez
Coordinador de Ingeniería
EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker v9 - ECC56766120474
Fortinet Network Security Expert 4 - Certification Number: NSE4-2015-25625
Fortinet Network Security Expert 6 - Certification Number: 8ByL63Cpe9
Kaspersky Endpoint Security Professional GR02HN00

Grupo Kapa 7
SPS +504 2544-0022 / TGU 2217-0022
Edificio Nuevos Horizontes Business Center, Piso 19 Rancho El Coco, San Pedro Sula

http://www.kapa7.com

Facebook Twitter

AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD: La información, incluyendo cualquier archivo adjunto, contenida en este mensaje es confidencial y solamente dirigido a la(s) persona(s) mencionadas arriba. Si el lector de este mensaje no es el interesado, favor de eliminarlo y notificar al remitente, quedando estrictamente prohibido la difusión, distribución o reproducción de este comunicado

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic message including any attachments is privileged and confidential, and is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please destroy it immediately, and notify the sender.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "dcm4che" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dcm4che/002a4314-b57a-4032-a757-a6eaf4bbf014n%40googlegroups.com.

Johnson F

Sep 6, 2021, 8:03:07 AM9/6/21
to dcm4che
tried but not working

dcmlinux@dcmlinux:~$ mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Johnson F

Sep 14, 2021, 7:04:57 AM9/14/21
to dcm4che
Dear Jorge,

any plans for ISO - DCM4CHEE Arch Linux 5.x?

Jorge Fernandez

Sep 14, 2021, 9:28:18 AM9/14/21
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I dont think we will launch a final ISO of DCMLinux with Arch 5 soon although we do have one in the works, instead we have launched Docker images with a manager on top of it that will also be bundled in the ISO.

El 14 sep. 2021, a la(s) 05:05, Johnson F <johns...@gmail.com> escribió:

Dear Jorge,
Message has been deleted

R. Johnson F.

Jul 18, 2023, 9:36:59 AM7/18/23
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Any update?

On Sun, Jun 25, 2023 at 4:48 PM R. Johnson F. <johns...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear vrinda/grunter,

Need recommendations towards docker based setup for production usage.

Also I would like to highlight that adding-ui image for setting up docker arc-psql resolves internal server error when setting up secured services. In your installation document it’s without-ui only till secure…. So adding …secure-ui works

Also noticed mwl aer/name is changed to worklist before it was dcm4che…. How can I change this settings?

How can I setup load balancer and high availability for arc light 5.30v

Regards,

John

R. Johnson F.

Jul 24, 2023, 10:17:18 AM7/24/23