CT Raw Data Storage

Julius Klever

Feb 6, 2013, 5:46:21 AM2/6/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hey there, I' m quite new to dcm4chee, but I'm really convinced about it.
Maybe I'm trying something really dumb, so if it is just let me know ;)

i'm looking for a solution to store Raw Data to DCM4CHEE. In the old forum I found some helpful threads, but i still couldn't get it to work.

Following Situation:

Modality: CT Siemens Somatom Definition AS
Raw Data are stored in one single file (up to several GB) named *.ptr

I found a Private SOP Class UID in the Dicom Conformance statement (Page 276)

So what I tried until now is to enter the SOP class UIDs to AcceptedOtherSOPClasses at StoreScp.

On the other hand I could't even find one viewer that is able to handle the *.ptr files itself. For my situation it is not really necessary, because the raw data will be handled solely at the CT Workstation which is able to request the PACS.

Is anyone out there having a similar configuration? Or does anybody know some other solution to store Raw Data (maybe mapping the CT storage to a NAS or something like that and continue using the included database)?
I don't want to just transfer the *.ptr files to a file server because then we would sure loose the overview of the stored files...

Best regards
julius

Chico Venancio

Sep 22, 2015, 5:30:51 PM9/22/15
to dcm4che
Did you have any luck with this?

Has anyone else faced this problem?

Dr Suresh Viswanathan

Sep 22, 2015, 7:48:34 PM9/22/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
On our Siemens CT, we use DAS over FireWire connected to the console workstation to store RAW Data.

I've stored Philips CT RAW data in dcm4chee successfully since it's sent as a DICOM file.

However reading them with a third party tool is something else entirely. Since these are proprietary formats without documentation, I doubt it's going to be possible anytime soon without the modality manufacturer's support. Also from my understanding, the RAW data differs between models - it's analogous to RAW mode in Digital Cameras wherein each time there's a new model Photoshop and other software need an update to read the new file.

Suresh

Sent from my iPhone

Chico Venancio

Sep 22, 2015, 8:00:47 PM9/22/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
We dont really have an interest in reading it outside the modality, only archive it to be able to retrieve it to the CT if need be.
We where getting an error with the maximum lenght, now we got one with memory allocoting b..

We shall look further into this the next few weeks.

Chico Venancio
CEO e Diretor de Criação
VM TECH - (98) 9 8800 2743