Weasis and Oviyam do not work with TLS active

Lutrero

Dec 2, 2014, 7:54:34 AM12/2/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
 Hi all,

I have my dcm4che pacs working well with dicom-tls comunications. But I have big troubles making Oviyam and Weasis work with that config.

I already tested most commont dicom communications (echo, find, store, move, get) and all work well with external apps like dcmqr but weasis and oviyam don not work at all oviyan gives this error on dcm4che pacs

 ERROR [Validator] protocol:dicom_tls_aes

If someone could help me on how to configure correctly weasis, oviyam and dcm4che to make all work.

Thx for ur help, best regards Luis.

Nicolas Roduit

Dec 3, 2014, 1:13:54 PM12/3/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
For Weasis, the manifest is generated by C-Find operation without the TLS option because in general the weasis-pacs-connector is located in the same server. So it is not meaningful to use TLS encryption. Nevertheless, many users have a https configuration of the web context for downloading the images through the web.

However, I can add easily the TLS configuration for C-Find requests in the next released of weasis-pacs-connector.

Lutrero

Dec 4, 2014, 2:11:36 AM12/4/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the response. It would be nice if Weasis works with TLS.

Suresh Viswanathan

Dec 5, 2014, 12:23:08 AM12/5/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
We’re working on getting the next version of Oviyam to work with TLS.

Suresh.

Lutrero

Dec 9, 2014, 2:41:06 AM12/9/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thx. It would be great :)

David Simic

Jun 14, 2016, 9:28:55 AM6/14/16
to dcm4che
Hi all,

I know this thread is quite old, however I recently went through the task of setting up TLS w/ Weasis and dcm4chee and documented the process here:

Hopefully it will be of use to someone.

Best,
David

Nicolas Roduit

Jun 14, 2016, 2:19:32 PM6/14/16
to dcm4che
The version 5.0.1 you mentioned must be related to other configuration files, see in the documentation.

The curent version on github is the version 6 and has different configuration files. In this future release the connector can handle several PACS simultaneously.

David Simic, PhD

Jun 14, 2016, 2:24:03 PM6/14/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am quite aware that v5.0.1 uses a different configuration file. Actually I cover this in detail in the article, under "Step 1: Download the correct properties file," (emph mine) and provide links to the different property files for each of the two versions covered.

Do you see an error?

Best,

This transmission, and any documents accompanying it, is intended only for
the use of the individual(s) or entity named above, and may contain
information that is confidential or is legally privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance on
the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the
information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us by reply
e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and
any attachments.

David Simic, PhD

Jun 14, 2016, 2:28:00 PM6/14/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Maybe the confusion is that I refered to the latest version as "post v5.0.1" (easily confused with "v5.0.1," I must admit) as I didn't know what name the current master will be given. Maybe I should update the article to call it v6.

David Simic, PhD

Jun 14, 2016, 3:02:56 PM6/14/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicolas,

I updated the post and added a disclaimer that the "post v5.0.1" / aka "v6.x" instructions are for the master branch as it was at the time of the writing, and as such should be taken with the appropriate amount of salt.

I think the parto of the confusion in getting Weasis working with TLS is precisely the fact that it is quite easy to go and download the war file from sourceforge which is currently at v5.0.1, and then go and download the properties file from the github repo, which is from a later, incompatible version. At least that is what happened to me.

Kind regards,
David.

Nicolas Roduit

Jun 14, 2016, 4:27:03 PM6/14/16
to dcm4che
Yes, it is OK now.

I won't recommend to use the current version from github because the new features will be supported only by weasis 2.5 and are still in development.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dcm4che.

David Simic, PhD