Database Deadlocks

Steven Handleman

Feb 21, 2018, 8:29:54 AM2/21/18
to dcm4che
We are running dcm4chee 2.17.2 with SQL Server 2012, SP3.   We use this as a long-term store of exam data.  We are experiencing regular & frequent deadlocks when dcm4chee updates the database.   We *think* the issue occurs when different threads of dcm4chee are operating on different instances in the same series or study but we are guessing on this.   We have turned on SerializeDBUpdate which had no effect.  Can anyone offer any direction on how to figure out the cause or better yet a solution?

TIA.
Steve

Steven Handleman

Feb 23, 2018, 9:58:48 AM2/23/18
to dcm4che
 We are looking to hire a consultant to help us solve this issue.   If you are a dcm4chee and/or SQL Server consultant and are interested, please send me a message at shandleman (at) bsplp.com.  Thank you.

Gustavo Fernandez Guirland

Feb 24, 2018, 3:06:58 PM2/24/18
to dcm4che
Hello Steve, I have been working with dcm4chee for some time. I manage 30 Hospitals and a Central Node at country level. What volume of studies / patients do you handle? I manage studies of 1,300,000 patients. I use PostgreSQL and Linux Servers and I assure you that it is very robust. Have not you thought about migrating the platform for a more current one?
I have updated it to dcm4chee-arc and I combine it with other products.
Contact me if you are interested in a project about it.

Best regards

Steven Handleman

Feb 26, 2018, 12:43:55 PM2/26/18
to dcm4che
Gustavo,

We would certainly be open to migrating dcm4chee to a later version if that would solve our problem. It's a non-trivial task though given that we've extended it and added customized logic.  How can I contact you directly to discuss further?
Thanks,
Steve

Gustavo Fernandez Guirland

Feb 27, 2018, 7:28:07 AM2/27/18
to dcm4che
Ok Steven
My email is gfernande...@gmail.com

We discuss via mail if you agree
Regards

Sam The Dogg Rovner

May 18, 2018, 5:15:11 PM5/18/18
to dcm4che
Did you guys figure out the main issue (without upgrading) - I seem to be having a similar deadlock issue

Thanks in advance.

Dave