Weasis without DICOM4CHEE

Karine Seymour

May 27, 2016, 7:57:31 AM5/27/16
to dcm4che
Hello,

I have a directory of about 60000 DICOM files on a Linux server running Apache and I am looking for a way to provide a user with a viewing access on these images. I thought Weasis web access would be a good solution, but I could only find installation instructions for using with a DCM4CHE server.

Can I install and use Weasis web access without DCM4CHE and have it point on a DICOM directory?

Thank you very much,
Best regards,

Karine Seymour

Chico Venancio

May 27, 2016, 8:54:14 AM5/27/16
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Yes, and no.

Yes,  you could use weasis to display these files without DCM4CHEE, they are independent projects and are easy to setup without each other.

However, without DCM4CHEE, you need some means to give weasis the proper files and information necessary. Either some other PACS, or a specific application designed to connect with it.

In theory, if you want for users to see all 60000 images at once, it should be possible for you to serve the files through samba and the users could point to it. It would not be very elegant or practical tough.

Chico Venancio
CEO
VM TECH

Matthew Gutierrez

May 27, 2016, 11:31:00 AM5/27/16
to dcm4che
Why wouldn't you just install DCM4CHEE and use storescu to import them into DCM4CHEE?

Karine Seymour

May 30, 2016, 5:53:28 AM5/30/16
to dcm4che
Thank you both for you answers. I will investigate the two options.