Configuring multiple storage

Deepthi Kiren

Oct 31, 2019, 6:01:17 AM10/31/19
to dcm4che
Hi,
    Can anyone help me with multiple storage configuration in dcm4chee 5.18.0 version? As of now the configured location is fs1 which is under wildfly-17.0.1.Final/standalone/data/. How can I configure one more storage fs2 so that once the fs1 is full dcm4chee will choose fs2 for storing the dicom images?

Alvaro G [Andor]

Oct 31, 2019, 9:19:26 AM10/31/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Deepthi,

First you need to configure your second filesystem adding "Storage Descriptors":

[ Taken from: https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/wiki/Generic-Storage ]

  • Go to Menu -> Configuration, then on Devices page, use Edit Device of dcm4chee-arc device.
  • Go to Extensions and Edit Extension of Device Extension.
  • Again go to its Extensions and Edit extension of Archive Device.
  • Then next go to its Child Objects and + (Add) a Storage Descriptor.
  • Check the configuration from your 'fs1' as example

Second, you need to add those filesystems as available on your AE:

  • Select an application entity from Network AEs which should reference this storage.
  • Go to its Extensions of Network AE Extension.
  • Again go to its Extensions and Edit Extension of Archive Network AE field.
  • Go to attributes
  • Check on the "Object Storage ID" list which filesystems want to be used
  • Click "Save" down on the page

Regards

On 10/31/19 11:01 AM, Deepthi Kiren wrote:
Hi,
    Can anyone help me with multiple storage configuration in dcm4chee 5.18.0 version? As of now the configured location is fs1 which is under wildfly-17.0.1.Final/standalone/data/. How can I configure one more storage fs2 so that once the fs1 is full dcm4chee will choose fs2 for storing the dicom images?

Deeps

Nov 1, 2019, 2:35:13 AM11/1/19
to dcm4che
Thank you so much for your help Andor. I followed your instructions and I was able to configure my secondary storage fs2.  By selecting fs2 as "Object Storage ID", I tried sending images and it got successfully saved under fs2. Thanks again.

George Sino

Nov 28, 2023, 11:51:17 AM11/28/23
to dcm4che
Hello,

I have managed to transfer data to fs1, I have confirmed they are in my db but cant seem to retrieve them from studies or patients list  I get error 404. Still new to dcm4che, very robust and interesting development kindly help
retrieve study.PNG