Unable to verify the server setup - Connection Issue - Help required

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jul 5, 2019, 12:54:23 AM7/5/19
to dcm4che
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to upload the dicom images via Orthanc and view them in Oviyam.

To start the Orthanc, I executed the below docker run command

docker run -p 4242:4242 -p 8042:8042 --rm --name orthanc -v /home/selva/abcd/abc/new_orthanc/orthanc.json:/etc/orthanc/orthanc.json -v /home/selva/abcd/abc/new_orthanc/orthanc-db:/var/lib/orthanc/db jodogne/orthanc-plugins /etc/orthanc --verbose

This starts the Orthanc service. However as the docker is running in my server for which I don't have UI, I port-forwarded them to my local desktop. So from my local desktop when I issue localhost:8042, am able to view the Orthanc

Now, I run the OVIYAM service by using the below docker command

docker run -it --rm --name oviyam -p 8081:8080 -p 1025:1025 -v /home/selva/abcd/abc/oviyam/data/:/usr/local/tomcat/work oviyam:2.7.1

This starts the oviyam service successfully. However when I try to veriy the server(ORTHANC), I don't see any success message. Can you please help?

T1.JPG

Can you please let me know what would be the IP address that should go into the hostname field and other details please? We would like to see the images uploaded in Orthanc in Oviyam. Your help is very much appreciated

T2.JPG

Prakash Jayaraman

Jul 5, 2019, 6:30:50 AM7/5/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
How did you upload the DICOM files in to Orthanc? What is the AET, IP and Port Orthanc you configured for that?

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jul 5, 2019, 6:38:47 AM7/5/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
1) I uploaded the files by clicking on UI option available in orthanc to upload files

2) Orthanc had orthanc.json file where the HTTP port was 8042, Dicom port was 4242 and Dicom AET was ORTHANC.  IP address was my remote server IP address  where docker runs

Thanks
Selva

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jul 5, 2019, 7:35:15 AM7/5/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Prakash,

Do we have to add something in the DICOM Modalities section of orthanc.json file?

Something like given below? Am not sure. But just asking

 "oviyam2"     : ["OVIYAM2", "172.xx.xxx.xxx", 104]

Your support in helping me integrate both will definitely be helpful

Or you can also share any guide/tutorial that lists down the steps to achieve this.

        Much appreciated for your response.

Thanks
Selva
T1.JPG
T2.JPG

Prakash Jayaraman

Jul 5, 2019, 8:38:56 AM7/5/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Oviyam's listener is configured in 1025, not in 104. We will setup both the dockers, test and update.

You may try setting up Orthanc and Oviyam without dockers and make sure you are able to configure them and test successfully in the regular setup.

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jul 5, 2019, 8:45:25 AM7/5/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Prakash,

Thanks for the response. I am new to this docker and everything. I have no idea how to run this without docker setup.

But anyway I will modify the listener port in orthanc.json and keep trying again

Thanks a ton for your help

Thanks
Selva

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jul 5, 2019, 9:21:11 AM7/5/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Prakash,

I thought I will list down the steps that I do so that it would be helpful for you know what I am doing

1) Login to my local desktop

2) Open SSH Client - Putty to connect to remote server

3) Run docker run command for Orthanc (command given above). Before I run the command, I made sure that orthanc.json has  below details under DICOM modalities section
"oviyam2"     : ["OVIYAM2", "172.16.xxx.xxx", 1025].

4) Orthanc service is started

5) Run another docker run command for OVIYAM (command given above) (https://github.com/mocsharp/oviyam-docker - This is where I got the files)

6) OVIYAM service is started

7) As I am in remote server (linux), I don't have any UI, It's only black screen window, So I port forward them to local desktop

8) From local desktop, I launch localhost:8042 (orthanc), localhost:8081(oviyam)

9) Both opens successfully.

10) I upload the images through Orthanc UI

11) I navigate to "settings" option in OVIYAM and configure the server.

12) I tried all possible combinations of values in server verify setup but I get "echo dicom not successful" message

Hope this helps. 172.16.xxx.xxx is the IP address of my remote linux server where docker is installed. So, I port forward from this IP to my local desktop

Request you to let me know if you require any more information

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jul 6, 2019, 10:10:12 PM7/6/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can anyone help us with this?

Thanks
Selva

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Jul 7, 2019, 2:17:08 PM7/7/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
WADO port is the http port, that should be 8042, not 8080.

You should also check the Orthanc logs to see if those echo calls are actually reaching the server, maybe the verification fails because you are calling the wrong AETitle.

Have you actually tried to do a search and view some images? There is a small chance that it will work even though the echo fails.

Thanks
Selva

Selva

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dcm4che.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/dcm4che/0a03e0b1-02a9-4cd3-92bc-0f07622a66a4%40googlegroups.com.

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jul 7, 2019, 10:57:18 PM7/7/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jon,

Yes I did search for images and it yielded no results.

In addition to the steps that I followed (described above), I would like to let you know a few more points

a) In my orthanc.json - I have the below line under "DICOM Modalities" section - "oviyam"     : ["OVIYAM2", "172.16.xxx.xxx", 1025]

b) Please note that 172.16.xxx.xxx is the IP of remote server where docker is installed

c) As our remote server doesn't have a UI, I port forward both OVIYAM and Orthanc to my local desktop. When I use localhost:8042 and localhost:8081, both orthanc and oviyam opens in my desktop

d) Once I login to OVIYAM, I navigate to settings menu and configure the server. In the server hostname field, I key in 172.16.xxx.xxx as this is the IP address of remote server

Can you please help?

Thanks
Selva

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 2:17 AM Jon Ander Zuccaro <jonzu...@gmail.com> wrote:
WADO port is the http port, that should be 8042, not 8080.

You should also check the Orthanc logs to see of those echo calls are actually reaching the server, maybe the verification fails because you are calling the wrong AETitle.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dcm4che.

SELVA MUTHU KUMARAN SATHAPPAN

Jul 8, 2019, 1:57:48 AM7/8/19
to dcm...@googlegroups.com