Redirecting port 8080 to 443

Greg Silverman

Jul 26, 2013, 4:38:25 PM7/26/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I am looking to redirect all traffic from port 8080 to 443. Normally, with Tomcat I would use mod_jk helpers to do this, but I have not been able to find anything specific to JBoss. This was the extent of what I found: https://community.jboss.org/wiki/RunningJBossOnPort80Or443, but none of these options are desirable, especially since mod_jk helps with Apache virtual hosts make configuring SSL certificates a breeze.

Any best practices for what I am trying to do would be most welcome.

TIA

Greg--

--
Greg M. Silverman
Senior Developer Analyst

jne...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2013, 4:53:47 PM7/26/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
If your aim is to do only pure port redirection, doing it on the outside jboss/tomcat/apache might be an option.

I use the following to redirect port 104 to 11112, for example (on Linux with iptables)

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 104 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 11112
iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp ! -o eth0+ -m tcp --dport 104 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 1111

syntax would be different for ipchains, pf, or other firewall software, but it should be achievable just the same.

Jordan

Greg Silverman

Jul 29, 2013, 5:23:52 PM7/29/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Yep, it should work for me (running RHEL).

Thanks!

Greg--