Upgrade/migrate dcm4chee archive 2 instance to arc-light

James Hawkins

Jan 9, 2017, 2:14:07 PM1/9/17
to dcm4che
We've configured/tested out a test instance of dcm4chee-arc-light, and want to migrate our current dcm4chee archive 2 instance. We have many terabytes of data, and resending everything via dicom isn't really feasible- have any official migration scripts/procedures been worked out? In searching through the archived posts, it doesn't seem like there has been much activity on this.

Any help/ideas on this would be appreciated.

Thanks for help,
James

gunterze

Jan 10, 2017, 4:02:45 AM1/10/17
to dcm4che
Migration from dcm4chee-arc 2.x to 5.x is an open issue we have to solve also for our own installations. The open question is not if, but when. I guess we will concentrate on it after IHE Europe Connectaton in April. So I hope, we can provide a solution in 4-6 months.

gunter
J4Care

James Hawkins

Jan 10, 2017, 11:40:15 AM1/10/17
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Ok- thanks for the update.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/dcm4che.

Wesley Paneto

Jun 2, 2017, 8:36:44 AM6/2/17
to dcm4che
Hi, do you guys have any updates on this matter?
Thinking about upgrade but, as mentioned before, resending each terabyte isn't feasible.

Thank you.
Wesley

Docjay

Mar 23, 2018, 2:25:28 PM3/23/18
to dcm4che
Gunter,

    Do you have more updates on this for sites running instances of 2.x wanting to upgrade to 5.x?

thanks

Andrew Fischer

Mar 27, 2018, 6:36:13 AM3/27/18
to dcm4che
Is anyone working on migration from dcm4chee 2.x to 5.x?

Vulnerabilities in JBOSS 4.6  forced us to shut down dcm4chee 2.x.

Others must be in the same situation.

Gunter Zeilinger

Mar 27, 2018, 8:31:49 AM3/27/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
My company J4Care (= which pays my salary :)) already has migrated larger dcm4chee 2.x installations to 5.x. I will ask our CEO , if I can publish the used SQL scripts.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Ivan Vargas

Apr 2, 2018, 9:38:46 AM4/2/18
to dcm4che
no patch for this Vulnerabilities?

thanks

Andrew Fischer

Apr 3, 2018, 5:24:34 AM4/3/18
to dcm4che
AFAIK there are no patches for JBOSS 4.

There is a patch for JBOSS 5  but dcm4chee 2.x will not work with JBOSS 5 or 6.

The only solution I'm aware of is to upgrade to dcm4chee 5.x  (arc-light)     or use  a different PACS.
Message has been deleted

Jon Ander Zuccaro

Apr 3, 2018, 11:14:04 PM4/3/18
to dcm4che
JBoss will probably never be patched, but you can mitigate the problem by hardening your installation with the implementation of security measures like a reverse proxy and things that you had to implement and tweak anyway regardless of JBoss being secure or not, before exposing the server to the Internet.

Andrew Fischer

Rodrigo Ortiz

Mar 21, 2019, 12:47:19 PM3/21/19
to dcm4che