Adding ElementDictionaries of missing Private Creators

Rahul Gulati

May 17, 2023, 6:43:16 AM5/17/23
to dcm4che
Hello,

I was looking into a way within dcm4che library about how to set the correct VR types of certain DICOM tags which have been set as VR.UN and belongs to certain private creators like "SIEMENS CSA HEADER", "INTEGRIS 1.0" etc.
And I found that this can be achieved by adding the implementations of org.dcm4che3.data.ElementDictionary in the classpath for the required private creators and dcm4che provides most of the known private creators through "dcm4che-dict-priv" module. Although by adding "dcm4che-dict-priv" module, I saw that for some private creators, correct VR type was being set but not for all like "INTEGRIS 1.0". And of course I don't see the entry of private creator "INTEGRIS 1.0" in "dcm4che-dict-priv" module.

And then I checked the same through python pydicom library and it was able to set the VR types for "INTEGRIS 1.0" private creator and many others. So, I compare the list of private creators of both the libraries and found out that there are about 194 private creators which pydicom supports and dcm4che don't. Please find the attached file PrivateCreatorsNotPresentInDcm4che.txt for list of the missing private creators for reference.

but before that could anyone please let me know if there is a plan to incorporate such missing private creators in dcm4che.

Regards,
Rahul.

PrivateCreatorsNotPresentInDcm4che.txt

Rahul Gulati

May 23, 2023, 3:02:12 AM5/23/23
to dcm4che
Any update please.

Regards,
Rahul

Gunter Zeilinger

May 23, 2023, 4:45:55 AM5/23/23
to dcm4che
dcm4che uses element dictionaries from dicom3tools by David Clunie.
https://www.dclunie.com/dicom3tools/workinprogress/index.html
which does not include elements with private creator ID: "INTEGRIS 1.0"

Rahul Gulati

May 23, 2023, 9:14:53 AM5/23/23
to dcm4che
Thank You so much for looking into this, much appreciated. Do You want me to open a defect?

Regards,
Rahul

Yordis El Trigueñón

May 24, 2023, 5:34:55 PM5/24/23
to dcm4che
hola tengo un servidor instalado con debian9 y no se quiere ejecutar que hacer no quiero reisntalar