docker to Smartos dcm4chee

Paolo Marcheschi

May 12, 2017, 5:27:26 AM5/12/17
to dcm4che

Hi

we are trying to install arc light in a Smartos Container,

we'd like to run arc-light native in smartos , but we are experiencing a lot of difficulties to install following the instructions,

The docker installation runs smoothly but it requires a Linux VM, and we'd like to run multiple instances of the same docker images with different configurations.

We do not want spend money on buying big hardware in order to run 4 or 6  VM when with smartos we can run on bare metal, via container technology.

Also we are looking to automatize the upgrade process, I'm asking if you you have a script in order to create the docker images we can adapt to our smartos environment ?

Thank you

Paolo

gunterze

May 13, 2017, 4:30:32 AM5/13/17
to dcm4che
Hi Paolo,

Thought, Smartos supports running Docker containers, but I only read that announcement and it seems there are also arguments against using Triton for (just) running Docker containers on Smartos.

Why do you think that you need several VMs to run multiple instances of the same docker images with different configuration? You just have to take care that mapped host directories and ports of the multiple instances would not conflict.

Anyway, the sources for dcm4chee-arc docker images are hosted at https://github.com/dcm4che-dockerfiles.

br, Gunter

Paolo Marcheschi

May 15, 2017, 6:43:15 AM5/15/17
to dcm4che

On Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 10:30:32 AM UTC+2, gunterze wrote:
Hi Paolo,

Hi Gunter
Thought, Smartos supports running Docker containers, but I only read that announcement and it seems there are also arguments against using Triton for (just) running Docker containers on Smartos.

It was true but a change in the Docker Hub API broke support on SmartOS level, instead it is true with triton-SDC that isn’t using the API’s but yhis is a complete version of smartos, but needs more resources.
I hope that this is temporary.

Why do you think that you need several VMs to run multiple instances of the same docker images with different configuration?

Because  in the present configuration, on first level of PACS we have 4 dcm4chee instances per server deployed , each serving one modality, i.e. MR,CT,DX, ECG, ... we found that this is useful because in certain occasion when we have problems with one dcm4chee instance we can stop/restart it whithout interefering with the overall system, also we can upgrade the system zone by zone without stopping the service for all.
For example if we have problems in deleting very big MRI studies, that slow down the system, or sometimes we have some new transfer syntax to add or new modality to add and debug,via log files. In these cases we cannot have one big system but it is simpler to have multiple zones.

You just have to take care that mapped host directories and ports of the multiple instances would not conflict.

This is a configuration we have to try, thank you.

Anyway, the sources for dcm4chee-arc docker images are hosted at https://github.com/dcm4che-dockerfiles.

Thank you  Gunter

Best regards
Paolo

Marko

May 18, 2017, 7:58:58 AM5/18/17
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paolo,

I have a bash script to install dcm4chee-arc-light-mysql with  Weasis. it's written for Ubuntu/Debian but perhaps you can adapt it for Smartos (I guess you need to rewrite the OS dependency software install part)
It's a simple install without SSL, docker, kibana, elasticsearch.
Beware that at the moment weasis it's not working with dcm4chee-arc-light v5.10.1. You can force the script to download v5.10.0 by uncommenting DCMARCVER="5.10.0" on line 177.
The script is attached.

Best regards,
Marko

Paolo Marcheschi

May 18, 2017, 11:14:42 AM5/18/17
to dcm4che
That's Great
We'll take a look as soon as possible,
I think we can adapt it to smartos, I think the only differences are the compression libraries and the JVM.
I will let you know and share the result.
Best regards
Paolo

Marko

May 20, 2017, 1:26:17 AM5/20/17
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paolo,

the weasis integration is working now. I also modified the installation script, please use the version attached to this  message.

Regards,
Marko
install_dcm4chee5.zip

Paolo Marcheschi

May 22, 2017, 4:13:19 AM5/22/17
to dcm4che
Thank you Marko

Best Regards
Paolo

On Saturday, May 20, 2017 at 7:26:17 AM UTC+2, Marko wrote:
Hi Paolo,

Paolo Marcheschi

May 22, 2017, 6:36:33 AM5/22/17
to dcm4che
Hi
we tried to execute the latest script with a LX smartos zone, with ubuntu 16.04
 and with two different installation we got the same error:
WFLYCTL0186: Services which failed to start: service jboss.persistenceunit."dcm4chee-arc-ear-5.10.2-mysql.ear#dcm4chee-arc"
and from the log:

ldap_add: No such object (32)
adding new entry "cn=DICOM Configuration,dc=dcm4che,dc=org"

ldap_add: No such object (32)
adding new entry "dicomDeviceName=unknown,cn=Devices,cn=DICOM Configuration,dc=dcm4che,dc=org"

ldap_modify: No such object (32)
modifying entry "dicomDeviceName=dcm4chee-arc,cn=Devices,cn=DICOM Configuration,dc=dcm4che,dc=org"

the only two modification to the script was , the interface that is eth0 and the LDAPSERVER with our host

We are trying to investigate further

Best regards
Paolo

Marko

May 22, 2017, 8:36:19 AM5/22/17
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Paolo, if you run the command:
hostname --fqdn

you should get something like:
myhost.dcm4che.org
(you can edit the /etc/hosts file to get the fqdn that you like)

in this case the config should look like:

LDAPSERVER="myhost.dcm4che.org"
LDAPDOMAIN
="dcm4che.org"
LDAPREALM
="DCM4CHE.ORG"
LDAPROOT
="dc=dcm4che,dc=org"

Paolo Marcheschi

May 22, 2017, 12:32:50 PM5/22/17
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
My colleague, Alessio Ciregia, has discovered the problem, there are two lines in the script that must be uncommented containing
init-baseDN.ldif declaration.
It works with weasis too.

Best Regards
Paolo

Paolo Marcheschi

May 29, 2017, 12:13:34 PM5/29/17
to dcm4che
Hi

I'm trying to finish the script following the instruction for secure ui

https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/wiki/Installation-and-Configuration

but I do not find the public key and secret key I have to add to the cli script:

in point 12 and 13 I do not find Secret-Key under the Credentials tab (I do not have the credential tab see image)

in points 19 and 20 https://github.com/dcm4che/dcm4chee-arc-light/wiki/Installation-and-Configuration

/subsystem=keycloak/secure-deployment=dcm4chee-arc-ui2-5.x-secure.war/:add(realm=dcm4che,resource=dcm4chee-arc-ui,realm-public-key=<Public-Key>,auth-server-url=/auth)
/subsystem=keycloak/secure-deployment=dcm4chee-arc-ui2-5.x-secure.war/credential=secret:add(value=<Secret-Key>)

/subsystem=keycloak/secure-deployment=dcm4chee-arc-war-5.x-secure.war/:add(realm=dcm4che,resource=dcm4chee-arc-rs,realm-public-key=<Public-Key>,auth-server-url=/auth)
/subsystem=keycloak/secure-deployment=dcm4chee-arc-war-5.x-secure.war/credential=secret:add(value=<Secret-Key>)

In the first I think there is an error the resource has to be

dcm4chee-arc-ui2

Anyone has some clue ?
Thank you

Paolo