Coercion replacing tags with calling and called AETs in dcm4chee arc-light 5.32.0

Josh H

Jul 14, 2024, 8:43:03 PM (12 days ago) Jul 14
to dcm4che
First let me say, my goal is to replace DICOM tag 00321020 with the called AET, and DICOM tags 00321021, 00020017, and 00020018 with the calling AET. If XSLT is not the best way to do it, I am happy to use another coercion method.

I am testing out dcm4chee 5.32.0, and I have a coercion XSL file that works under older versions of dcm4chee arc-light that have only the older (legacy) coercion style. I have not been able to get it working in dcm4chee 5.32.0.

The problems I have encountered are these:
  1. Legacy XSLT Coercion
    If I use my existing AddCallingCalledAETCoercion.ldif and callingcalledaet.xsl files, both attached, to create the same coercion rule on 5.32.0, the legacy coercion rule is created. However, it doesn't seem to be called at any point when there is a C-STORE-RQ. I can't see any reference to it in the logs, and my resulting studies' tags don't reflect the expected changes. Are legacy coercion rules disabled by default? If so, how can I enable them?
  2. New XSLT Coercion
    After converting the rule to the new dcmArchiveAttributeCoercion2 type, the coercion rule runs when I receive new studies. However, it seems the the parameters of LocalAET and RemoteAET have been renamed, or are not passed in to the XSLT when called. I can see in the logs that this coercion rule runs, but the DICOM tags show up as my parameter defaults of AE_LOCAL and AE_REMOTE, not the actual called and calling AETs.
    I have tried setting all logs to DEBUG in order to capture the XML passed in, but it still doesn't show up in the logs. If these parameters have been renamed, getting the right parameter names should fix my issue.
  3. New merge-attrs coercion
    I have tried to replace the xslt: coercion type with use merge-attrs:, but I have not been able to get it to work using the values of DICOM tags 7777,1037 (Sending Application Entity Title of Series) or 7777,1068 (Receiving Application Entity Title of Series) seemingly because these are added in by dcm4chee and are not part of the original data set, with the merge-attrs type stating values "may be replaced by the value of that attribute in the original dataset".
    Are there variables that are meta to the original data set that I can use in merge-attrs rules, like $calledet or something, or the merge-attrs type limited to only data in the original data set?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

AddCallingCalledAETCoercion.ldif
callingcalledaet.xsl