ARR for multiple instances of dcm4chee

rrose...@securerad.com

Jan 17, 2014, 8:14:58 AM1/17/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I have numerous machines running numerous instances of dcm4chee. Each instance has it's own db (MySQL), and it's own virtual IP, and obviously it's own "archive". I've not installed ARR before. If the dbs grow rapidly, I'd like to install the ARRs on a separate machine(s). What are the options as far as installing ARR and pros and cons for each?

Thank you,

Rich

BRIT

Jan 17, 2014, 1:58:59 PM1/17/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Rich,
I believe that ARR was separated from the main DCM4CHEE installation for exactly this reason - the ARR db can get quite big so you're definitely going down the correct route for having it installed on a separate VM instance.  By the sounds of things, if you've not installed ARR on any system before, then you're also in a good spot.  For what I can see, there's no downside to doing what you're suggesting.  Although I've not worked in the same environment as yours, I don't believe that there's an issue in having multiple dcm4chee's posting to the ARR db either. All you would need to do is configure each dcm4chee instance to use the centralized ARR VM which holds the arrdb.