Red images

GOKHAN DILEK

Dec 14, 2014, 10:09:03 PM12/14/14
Hi there,

Just a quick question.

I have sent images from my aqusition system to dcm4chee using lossless jpeg compression.

When I view the images using Weasis Java viewer, they are perfect.

However, when I use the browser viewer(oviyam or ioviyam), images have become red colored.

Could you please let me know if anyone else experienced the same issue?

Thank you.
xray-red.JPG

Suresh Viswanathan

Dec 14, 2014, 10:16:29 PM12/14/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Can you send the sample images?

Suresh

Sent from my iPhone

GOKHAN DILEK

Dec 14, 2014, 11:10:53 PM12/14/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
What format would you like me to send the images?

I have already attached a screenshot of an image.

Thank you.

Suresh Viswanathan

Dec 15, 2014, 1:43:59 AM12/15/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I don’t seem to have received the screenshot. Send the JPEG lossless compressed DICOM file.

Suresh

GOKHAN DILEK

Dec 15, 2014, 3:55:09 AM12/15/14
In dcm4chee, when I click on the original tick box, the red color issue seems to be fixed.

However, the small version of the file has that redness in them

Cannot share it via google drive for some reason.
Please find the link below

Also the original and the small version of the image screenshots from dcm4chee are also attached.

I think from my understanding, weasis pulls the original file whereas the oviyam family pulls the compressed image file?
Thank you.
original ticked no problem.JPG
red-small.JPG

GOKHAN DILEK

Dec 15, 2014, 10:57:15 PM12/15/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Suresh,
Thank you for your reply.

I have updated the link as I had issues with google drive share permissions.
Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/87g2yb5inxo2jpg/red%20dicoms.zip?dl=0

Also the original and the small version of the image screenshots from dcm4chee are also attached.

I think from my understanding, weasis pulls the original file whereas the oviyam family pulls the compressed image file?
Thank you.

Devishree.V

Dec 15, 2014, 11:57:59 PM12/15/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

 Hi,
    The sample DICOM files attached works fine for us. PFA, screenshots - oviyam and dcm4chee.
Oviyam.png
dcm4chee.png

GOKHAN DILEK

Dec 16, 2014, 12:07:47 AM12/16/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your reply.

I am not really sure what is happening.

The weasis does not have any problems with it. It is only happening with with oviyam and ioviyam.

Would you be able to know what may cause the redness in the images when viewed via web browser?

Thank you.

Devishree.V

Dec 16, 2014, 12:50:44 AM12/16/14
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

     Images in oviyam/ioviyam would exactly same as in dcm4chee web interface. I guess the issue relies in compression. FYI, the DICOM files attached are not JPEG lossless compressed.
    We've tested Explicit and JPEG lossless formats, both seems to have no issues.

cuon...@vietba.com.vn

Sep 27, 2017, 5:26:54 AM9/27/17
to dcm4che
That's my issue :(. I don't know why how to fix it
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/dcm4che/jOFE9nBvcNQ

cuon...@vietba.com.vn

Sep 30, 2017, 6:13:53 AM9/30/17
to dcm4che
Dir sir!
have you fixed it?
the same version iOviyam2 and the same sample dicom image but Guruprasath Rajendran's androids phones don't ahve red image while my samsung galaxy A5 has. still now I don't know why and why :(
You can see in the link

Guruprasath Rajendran

Sep 30, 2017, 8:35:12 AM9/30/17
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Sir,
    I did not fix this issue. only i test the given DICOM study with other mobiles including samsung. i did not seen the issue(red image) in other mobiles.

cuon...@vietba.com.vn

Oct 2, 2017, 12:03:49 AM10/2/17
to dcm4che
sir,
I have just tested with iphone4, the red image still appears. So , any others can test this image with iOviyam2 for me?
the iOviyam2 download link:https://sourceforge.net/projects/dcm4che/files/Oviyam/iOviyam%202.0/                       iOviyam-2.0-bin-Beta1.zip
Thanks so much