Weasis windows installer

deepak741235

Apr 29, 2022, 5:11:14 AM4/29/22
to dcm4che
Hello,
Where can i find the documentation to build the native installer for windows

altough it was said
 it will be released in Weasis 4, im not able to find the same in building weasis page
Github doesnt show anu update on the project too

any other places i am missing on the documentation?

Nicolas Roduit

May 9, 2022, 1:54:26 AM5/9/22
to dcm4che
Yes, this page needs to be updated. However, the official build is done by Github actions even if it is possible to use this script on most systems.

deepak741235

May 28, 2022, 1:07:58 AM5/28/22
to dcm4che
hi thank you for your reply,
i was able to build the weasis installer, from the https://github.com/nroduit/Weasis/blob/master/weasis-distributions/script/package-weasis.sh , but however post building the same, i have issues with the registries
i have the x64build created , upon installing the native installer from the build, the registry to handle the weasis protocol  is not created,
issue is its not creating the registry of " URIHandlerRegistry" from main.wxs

i have not modified the main.wxs file, i have modified the package-weasis.sh to create a proper build
i have been trying to build the v3.8.1, and have not tried the v4,

how can i make that i create regestry entries along with the installer?
THANK YOU

Nicolas Roduit

May 28, 2022, 3:03:38 AM5/28/22
to dcm4che

Unfortunately, I can't provide support for builds outside of Github Actions because it requires having a whole environment configured correctly.

I see no reason why URIHandlerRegistry is not created. However, the script referenced above is the master branch of version 4.

deepak741235

May 28, 2022, 5:48:37 AM5/28/22
to dcm4che
thanks again for the reply,
i understand that its not possible to support a local build,
yes the script reference was wrong, my bad, i was refering to this script package-weasis.sh

however i understand its difficult to support a local env build,
please help me understand (during the build) if the msi installer is actually referencing the registry keys present in the main.wxs script , if not please suggest me the source where it is present, so i can look forward to it, and see how it can be modified

attaching a pic to show the registry keys created for the native installer windows v3.8.2

and the scripts related to version 3.8.2, if it can help

Thank you
package-weasis.sh
main.wxs
registries.png

deepak741235

May 28, 2022, 5:54:13 AM5/28/22
to dcm4che
and if i download the weasis 3.8.1 native installer from the web ( pre-built ), the registries work just fine,

deepak741235

May 28, 2022, 9:01:11 AM5/28/22
to dcm4che
Hello again
i have identified the problem
1st pic, shows your github actions log file, where its able to find the file of main.wxs
2nd pic shows my local build log, where its been using the default main.wxs and not customized file

the question is if its been pulling the default main.wxs, do u know the main.wxs default file path?

my local main.wxs is in the correct path as seen on the github, ill try changing the paths and rename folders to test

Thank you

1.png
2.png

deepak741235

May 28, 2022, 1:38:21 PM5/28/22
to dcm4che
hello,
thank you for your time,
the code is flawless

there was some slight environment configuration error, i have added the pic

in the package-weasis.sh,  line 237
the code $RES/msi/$ARC_NAME"    was changed to $RES/msi/x86-64"  depending on the architecture i wanted

thank you

3.png

Nicolas Roduit

May 28, 2022, 2:24:04 PM5/28/22
to dcm4che
The jpackage command does not execute correctly. Even if theoretically it is possible to have paths with spaces, for Windows I suggest having no spaces for the script path, INPUT_PATH and OUTPUT_PATH