Developer documentation about Weasis DICOM Viewer

Sergio Fernández

Mar 5, 2020, 11:41:59 AM3/5/20
to dcm4che
Hello everyone,

is there any dev documentation about each of the modules within the source code? I am trying to develop a new plugin for my bachelor's final project and I am struggling to find anything. I've seen the architecture (https://nroduit.github.io/en/basics/architecture/) but it does not help me. I've checked the github repo (https://github.com/nroduit/Weasis) but I could not find doc folders.

Thanks a lot.

Nicolas Roduit

Mar 7, 2020, 2:15:31 PM3/7/20
to dcm4che
If you want to build a new plugin, you have to start by reading this page. The command to create the structure of a new plugin contains two examples.

Sergio Fernández

Mar 11, 2020, 2:12:36 PM3/11/20
to dcm4che
I appreciate your answer. Still, I would like to know if there is some developer documentation available like manuals about the modules, main classes of these, methods, etc. My background is web development.

Thanks everyone.

Nicolas Roduit

Mar 12, 2020, 5:19:37 AM3/12/20
to dcm4che
Developer documentation is listed on this page. You can find the global architecture of the modules and the main useful interfaces to make plugins.

The naming of the different elements (class, method...) should be sufficient in many cases. However, there is documentation in the source code (javadoc) for some APIs and in the most complex implementations. From a developer's point of view, some things are probably missing. However, the effort to maintain complete documentation over time is substantial, we don't have the resources to do so.

Michael Norval

Nov 2, 2020, 4:00:14 AM11/2/20
to dcm4che
Hello,

I am looking for a copy of your .m2 repo maven folder in order to build dcm4chee-web

Any way you can help me?
I am willing to pay.

Regards,
Michael