Using the ORU Service

Alex Rothberg

Jul 7, 2015, 4:19:40 PM7/7/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to use the ORU Service from the command line? Ideally I would like to take an text file containing an HL7 ORU^R01 message and convert to a DICOM file containing a structured report.

Funky Koval

Jul 7, 2015, 5:57:47 PM7/7/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi, try to txt2dcmsr from dcm4che2

txt2dcmsr -c txt2dcmsr.cfg report.txt report.dcm
=> Convert Text Document report.txt into DICOM SR Object stored to
report.dcm using DICOM Attribute values specified in Configuration file
txt2dcmsr.cfg

Alex Rothberg

Jul 7, 2015, 6:07:24 PM7/7/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Is txt2dcmsr using the same code as the ORU Service? The docs: http://www.dcm4che.org/confluence/display/d2/txt2dcmsr make no mention of either HL7 or ORU messages.

fleetwoodfc

Jul 7, 2015, 8:49:56 PM7/7/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, agrot...@gmail.com
You can use the hl7snd tool from the dcm4che3 toolkit to send to dcm4chee.

Alex Rothberg

Jul 8, 2015, 12:07:17 AM7/8/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, agrot...@gmail.com
And how would you set up / configure the ORU Service so that it runs when dcm4chee receives the ORU message?

Alex Rothberg

Jul 8, 2015, 1:12:06 AM7/8/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com

hl72xml seems to take the HL7 file and create an XML. Is there some program that takes the XML and then creates a DICOM structured report? xml2dcm does not seem to be what I want.

fleetwoodfc

Jul 8, 2015, 5:42:59 AM7/8/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, agrot...@gmail.com
The dcm4chee HL7 Server listens on port 2575 (by default) and will automatically route received ORU messages to the ORU Service. Mapping the ORU to a DICOM SR is controlled by the ../conf/dcm4chee-hl7/oru2sr.xsl file.

Alex Rothberg

Jul 8, 2015, 12:30:00 PM7/8/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
So it looks like if I take the output from hl72xml applied to the original hl7 file and then perform an xslt transform using ../conf/dcm4chee-hl7/oru2sr.xsl, I end up with a nice XML representation of the DICOM structured report:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dataset>
  <attr tag="00080005" vr="CS">ISO_IR 100</attr>
  <attr tag="00080016" vr="UI">1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.88.11</attr>

My question is how do I take this xml file and create a DICOM?

Just running xml2dcm seems to leave me with an empty dicom file.

fleetwoodfc

Alex Rothberg

Jul 8, 2015, 3:28:19 PM7/8/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, agrot...@gmail.com
It looks like might be even more changes than that:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NativeDicomModel xml:space="preserve">

<DicomAttribute tag="00020001" vr="OB">

<InlineBinary>AAE=</InlineBinary>

</DicomAttribute>

<DicomAttribute tag="00020002" vr="UI">

<Value number="1">1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.6.1</Value>

</DicomAttribute>

<DicomAttribute tag="00020003" vr="UI">

fleetwoodfc

Jul 8, 2015, 6:28:32 PM7/8/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, agrot...@gmail.com
Yes the dcm4che3 tools use the DICOM standard xml but I think the dcm4che2 tools use <dicom>

Alex Rothberg

Jul 8, 2015, 10:47:05 PM7/8/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com, agrot...@gmail.com
It looks like I can use xml2dcm from dcm4che2 to convert the XML to a (valid) dicom file.

Alex Rothberg

Jul 8, 2015, 10:58:41 PM7/8/15
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Although in Osirix the report is not properly rendering (it shows as all white)

Attached is the dicom file.
foo2.dcm