Still different patient IDs after patient merge

Björn Albers

Jan 22, 2018, 11:22:01 AM1/22/18
to dcm4che
Hello,

we've merged in our PACS (dcm4chee-2.18.3-psql) two patients with different
patient ID but the same patient name.
After the merge I can query for the patient name and get only one patient ID which is expected.
But when I download the studies with OsiriX then the studies still have different patient IDs which is unexpected.
I found out that the raw dicom files in our PACS contain both patient IDs, not just one patient ID.
Is this a bug?

Thanks in advance,
Björn

fleetwoodfc

Jan 23, 2018, 10:02:16 AM1/23/18
to dcm4che
What do you mean by "download the studies with OsiriX " - are you retrieving using DICOM Move (or GET) or importing files.

Björn Albers

Jan 23, 2018, 10:20:26 AM1/23/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I retrieved the studies via WADO.

Björn Albers

Jan 23, 2018, 10:59:14 AM1/23/18
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I've checked again:
The problem only occurs with WADO, with C-MOVE the data is ok.

fleetwoodfc

Jan 24, 2018, 12:01:12 PM1/24/18
to dcm4che
Investigated this further and it looks like the issue is caused by the way OSIRIX handles 'Retrieve Syntax'. If you configure WADO as the retrieve method then there is an option to select a Retrieve Syntax which, if set to 'Original Syntax' causes an issue. OSIRIX uses 'useOrig=true' to request 'Original Syntax' but unfortunately dcm4chee interprets this as send the original dicom file - so patient ID updates are not included.

Björn Albers