Integrate Dcm4chee with the RIS

Andres Castiblanco

Mar 1, 2016, 2:27:55 PM3/1/16
to dcm4che
Hi

I am developing a RIS and I want to integrate it with Dcm4chee.

I am using mirth connect to Create the worklist for the dcm4chee. So connecting RIS -> PACS CHECK

But no idea how to link the image loaded in the PACS to an Order, Study or Procedure of the RIS. I am planning to query straight to the Database of the PACS, but not sure if it is the best option.

Any trigger after a study is saved in the PACS. HL7 or any kind of trigger is what I guess could it work.

Thanks guys.

Funky Koval

Mar 1, 2016, 4:46:49 PM3/1/16
to dcm4che

Andres Castiblanco

Mar 1, 2016, 6:21:25 PM3/1/16
to dcm4che

Thank you very much for your interest and the suggestions Funky

Never heard before about mpps.

Any example somewhere on how to develop it?

I found this info but with more questions than answers, but I least I find I am in the right path:

http://forums.dcm4che.org/jiveforums/thread.jspa?threadID=662 but not getting how to test it. Do I have to develop some sort of management for the LLP/TCP-IP

http://forums.dcm4che.org/jiveforums/thread.jspa?threadID=3432 http://forums.dcm4che.org/jiveforums/thread.jspa?threadID=1189 It said that mirth could handle it, how?

http://forums.dcm4che.org/jiveforums/thread.jspa?threadID=305 Well this people use mirth as well. Does mirth function as a Dicom Node, with AET and port?

http://forums.dcm4che.org/jiveforums/thread.jspa?threadID=2150 3- We proceed to link the MPPS entry in DCM4CHEE with the corresponding Worklist? Don´t understand how is that procedure.

PD:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/dcm4che/Ocs5aidkfq0 I see you have work with this before :)

Ivo

Mar 3, 2016, 7:19:46 AM3/3/16
to dcm4che
Hi Andres,

the EMR http://openmrs.org/ has an addon module for RIS capabilities see https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Radiology+Module

You can install it and see how it handles communication. Basically uses HL7 ORM messages to enter orders in dcm4chee (with the Study Instance UID) and gets DICOM MPPS to update the order status.
You can then open images via weasis, ovyiam from within the RIS.

Hope it helps!
Also feel free to contribute to the module if youd like!
Ivo
Message has been deleted

oscar acuña

Jan 29, 2017, 8:30:30 PM1/29/17
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello ! Some time ago I had to install dcm4chee to a person in a center
(I had no experience in the subject but I can easily do it) ...
but now he is asking me to develop a RIS (I am a programmer)
but I have no idea how to start you can give me an idea of how to do what complicated
I think it would be working with the mwl ... Greetings from Chile.

Madushan

Dec 12, 2020, 12:10:05 PM12/12/20
to dcm4che
Hi Andres,

Have you integrated dcm4chee 2.18.x with OpenMRS and tested? If so, please share your experience..
Thanks