Unable to login with jmx-console

Dr Lawrence M Fox

Feb 23, 2013, 10:13:36 AM2/23/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I have a Windows 2008 r2 x64 server. I had previously installed dcm3chee in a virtual machine running, but now want to do a permanent installation in Windows.
I have followed the directions in these tutorials:
for the install using MySQL, using the default passwords and 32-bit JDK and JBoss 4.2.3.GA. I am using the latest versions of dcm4chee-2.17.3-mysql and Everything *seems* to install OK, but when I try to log into jmx-console (or even dcm4chee-web3), the login fails. I have tried the same install on a separate server with the same failure. I have edited the username and password in the appropriate files in .../props and have restarted the server. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with and without dcm4chee-arr (I'm a vet and we don't have to worry about hipaa), all with the same results: the login window comes up, I type in a username and password, and they are not accepted and a new login window with blank credentials comes up.
Help, please!

fleetwoodfc

Feb 23, 2013, 12:49:15 PM2/23/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
Usually means that the database connection is failing - check the server.log file to confirm (should see Mysql exceptions).

Dr Lawrence M Fox

Feb 24, 2013, 12:50:13 AM2/24/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I am seeing mysql errors in the server.log, but I haven't been able to attach them to a reply.
I have added the users:passwords admin:admin and pacs:pacs via the mysql workbench and have restarted dcm4chee, but still get the logon error
I have used nmap to check the ports, and they seem to be working.
Thanks for any additional help you can give.
Larry

fleetwoodfc

Feb 25, 2013, 8:55:27 AM2/25/13
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
I would try installing the database again using the instructions exactly i.e.

While still in command prompt, navigate to:
C:\apps\dcm4chee-2.17.3-mysql\sql

type the following commands:
mysql -uroot -p
it will ask for your password. Put the password you used when installing MySQL.
Then mysql> will appear. Follow below:
mysql> create database pacsdb;
mysql> grant all on pacsdb.* to ‘pacs’@'localhost’ identified by ‘pacs’;
mysql> \q