upgrade dcm4chee version

nutun

Aug 25, 2020, 2:15:25 AM8/25/20
to dcm4che
Hi,

I have a server installed dcm4chee-arc-psql:5.20.0-secure (docker-compose installation). This server is live and have data of around 1.5TB. Now I want to upgrade it to latest version of dcm4chee i.e dcm4chee-arc-psql:5.22.4-secure.

I need step by step and easiest/simplest up-gradation process so I can upgrade my server to latest version of dcm4chee.

Need guidelines in this regard.

gbolahan...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2020, 9:49:52 AM8/25/20
to dcm4che

That is simpler than the official guidelines

You can try this... Stop and remove the archive container... Spin up the new container... And see if it works. Sounds like blind faith tho

Caveat: do this in a test environment first... iTried this initially with few studies (less than 2gb) when upgrading from dcm4chee-arc-psql:5.22.3-secure  to 5.22.4- secure using docker

Gunter Zeilinger

Aug 25, 2020, 9:55:34 AM8/25/20
to dcm...@googlegroups.com
If you don't explicitly (re-)move the mapped out wildfly deployment and configuration directory, you still will run the old version...

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

That is simpler than the official guidelines

You can try this... Stop and remove the archive container... Spin up the new container... And see if it works. Sounds like blind faith tho

Caveat: do this in a test environment first... iTried this initially with few studies (less than 2gb) when upgrading from dcm4chee-arc-psql:5.22.3-secure  to 5.22.4- secure using docker

Be careful, because there are no database changes between 5.22.3 and 5.22.4, but the original poster is moving from 5.20 which definitely needs a more careful approach with the DB schema changes.

gbolahan...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2020, 4:30:09 AM8/26/20
to dcm4che
True... I checked the release notes and realised that also